Master and Slave System should eventually expand to other systems.

Reaction score
    Over The past few days, in light of the new master and slave system for weapons, I thought that when this system was stable it might be good if it expanded into every system, shields, power, thrust etc. Here are some ideas of what could be made.

Master System: Shields

Self-Targeting hull repair (Master System + hull repair beam): This System essentially turns the shields into a hull repair bubble that when activated will repair the first layer of blocks on your ship, with the downside of repairing no-where near as fast as the hull repair beam and takes the shields offline. This system would be activatable like the cloaking and radar Jamming systems.

(Master System + thrusters): --Insert Ideas and creativity here--

Reserve Power to shields (Master System + Power tanks): Again another activatable ability, it uses all currently stored power and recharges the shields for that amount.

Enhanced Shield Recharge (Master System + Power): Activatable (we're going to need a bigger hot bar thing XD) Temporarily allows Shields to recharge in combat.

Any more ideas?

Master System: Thrusters

Graviton Anchor (Master System + Pulsor/Pulsator): When shift is held and the ship completely stops it is held in place indefinitely (even when pilot gets out) until pilot starts to move the ship again. May not work if Schema is taking the push effect off the pulsor.

Others.

Hull repair beam + shields: Functions like the hull repair beam only repairs shields of the target.

Power Drain Beam + Shields: Drains target shields.

Don't know if any of these are OP

Reaction score
    You might want to check out my post \"Shields should only absorb a percentage of damage\", In which I expound upon a method to incorporate shields into the master/slave system

Reaction score
    Sorry didn\'t realise from the name of the post, I\'ll check it out now.

For those who want to see that post, http://star-made.org/content/shields-only-absorb-percentage-damage

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Power Drain Beam + Shields: Drains target shields.

so like

any other conventional weapons?

Maybe a better Idea would be to inflict a debuff on the shield. like lower regen or capacity

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Oh, lookie here...

We are attempting to expand a type of design philosophy to encompass all that Starmade is and will be. We want the game to be like putty in a player\'s hands; reactive, fluid, freeform, and you never quite know what you\'re going to get out of it. In the end, I believe that Starmade will be the perfect space shooter for nearly anyone looking for nearly anything in a game...

Not because we\'re godly designers and Schema is a godly programmer...

But because we set up options and opportunities, and the player chooses what they do and what they play every time they make a choice in Starmade.

Oh, and Schema IS a godly programmer.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Weapon-master + cloaker/jammer.

Everytime a weapon is fired it uncloaks you. By adding a cloaker/jammer to the weapon module, you could make your weapons more stealthy, but less powerfull.

Docking-master + shield.

Protects (only) the docked.

I like the idea with a gravity anchor. Maybe make ships and stations interchangeable with this? So you could turn a station to a ship (cockpid/core required) and and vice versa.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can repair the entire hull in one go? Yess!!!

Also point about linking shields to docking modules: You should require the turret itself to have shields as well, just to prevent the turret from being only weapons. Perhaps there should be two pools: one turretside, one shipside. The turretside one is responsible for blocking all damage but refills instantly from the shipside reserve. Both regenerate independately.

Reaction score
    Some of the ideas need lots of work while some need little. I thing the sheild only docked would need the most work.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I didn\'t say it is perfect, but with the new bubble shields you get an equal effect if it comes out, or not?

Just pointing out the possibilities (thoughts which come up anyway - either now or later)

Reaction score
    Not the entire hull just the top layer so you can make minor repairs until you get back to a starbase, and also had another Idea for combining the new pulsator, which is an area of effect attack, and combining it with the hull repair beam which would create a system much like the repair bubble but goes through the entire ship repairing every block but can only be used on station mounted turrets and would require an immense amount of power, or else it would be OP.

Reaction score
    I was worried about some of the ideas being OP and I did try and think of ways to balance them like the hull repair bubble is very slow repair rate and would take shields offline, so should only be used after a battle when you don\'t really have enough time to travel all the way back to your faction space station before another attack.

I am open to suggestions about how to make the other ideas less OP.

Reaction score
    Hmm didn\'t think of it like a conventional weapon, XD I\'m such a waste of forum space lol, but yeah a shield debuff is a better idea.

Reaction score
    That\'s what I was thinking with the anchor thing because I was on my singleplayer and my starbase was undefended and I thought just put small stations with shields and turret docks in strategic locations to fend off pirates, (they would be stations so the pirates couldn\'t slam into them and move them) and then I realised I couldn\'t do that and would have to make do with ships and so I suggested this.

And yeah the weapon master + cloaker/jammer sounds like a good idea, can\'t tell you how many times I\'ve seen people on the forums who say they\'re capital ship is geting owned by a person in a perma-cloaked ship zipping around their ship and blasting every so often. Maybe the weapons system could be the power drain beam so it has the added bonus of draining their power as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about that powerdrain with shield combo adds the shields to your own?

Reaction score
    Reactive armor. Blocks missiles, mines, and cannons, but doesn\'t stop anything else.

Reaction score
    I love it, I\'ve always liked the idea of boarding a ship to claim it but I think more methods of defending your own ship should be developed.

Reaction score
    Thank you, you obviously have a better imagination than I do, although you might want to stop it blocking missiles because they already get blocked and replace them with the pulsator.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would this idea allow something like a Weapons grouping computer. Say if I make 4 amc cannons all with their own weapon computer so I can mount them in a 2x2 cannon the weapon grouping computer would allow the user or Turret AI to fire all the cannons at once. Resulting in the same effect as 4 cannons on one weapon computer, but allowing them to be placed closer together and still be seen as individual cannons. This could be used for missles, Salvagers, and repair alike. With adding this and of course keeping all old build methods it could open up new ship maybe even turret styles.