Massive Game Optimisation is Required and the possibility of using Steam for multiplayer services

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Minecraft alpha was a buggy mess of half-assed features and practically no bug fixing.
    added to that, minecraft are just blocks in a solid position.
    starmade has to deal with moving blocks and weapons, way bigger change of bugs if you ask me.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439823202,1439823090][/DOUBLEPOST]i rather have rails, flash light and logic stuff like it is now, than having way less bugs but not those features

Reactions: TheBlueThunder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd just like to point out to Lecic that Starmade is not like most Alphas. In it's Alpha stage it is already on steam and has a much larger community than most other Alphas.
    It's an early access game. This particular business strategy is becoming very popular in indie development. Alphas that don't use this model aren't available at all.
    The size of the community is a direct result of Starmade's innovation and Shine's marketing skills.

Look at the list of early access games on steam, then check out Kickstarter. I know there is another site, starts with D. Oh well, the point is, Starmade is a pretty typical alpha state indie game from a marketing and development stand point. It stands out because of its exceptional quality, which people keep complaining about.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If I understand what you say about routing multiplayer through steam, that is a terrible idea. Any one else play space engineers? They rout multiplayer through steam. The results are..... intereststing (players desynced by several minuets, entitys spazing out all over, ect.)