Mark B Frigate

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Basic but nice be nice if you add decal that ship along with an core room that's easily findable for the owner of the ship

Reactions: Cornedo

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    As Redfredrick said, a basic but nice design. Needs more color variation, though, since 100% grey is kind of dull. Adding some turrets visual armor plates (seams) would help alleviate the flatness of some surfaces :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Thanks both of you. Adding turrets is going to be about the last thing I do, but yeah, never mind the aesthetics, obviously a ship this size can't adequately defend itself with just onboard weapons. I was also going to try and add in a bit of red and brown to the hull, and trying to simulate the look of armor pates could be a good idea to, thanks for suggesting it.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thanks both of you. Adding turrets is going to be about the last thing I do, but yeah, never mind they aesthetics, obviously a ship this size can't adequately defend itself with just onboard weapons. I was also going to try and add in a bit of red and brown to the hull, and trying to simulate the look of armor pates could be a good idea to, thanks for suggesting it.
    Glad I could be of assistance :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That's NOT a frigate, mate! A frigate usually ranges from 80m-200m.
    Your ship is entirely a titan.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Size is relative.

This is going to be a fully outfitted Role-playing ship, being built at a 1:1 scale, so while at about 450m long it might seem big, once you include quarters and other facilities to support a crew of hundreds, plus a good size cargo bay, additional bays for a smallish compliment of shuttles and a few fighters, as well as water, atmosphere, and fuel tanks, plus weapons systems, shield and engine blocks along with power blocks to run it all, and system control rooms to allow the crew to 'manage' all of these systems... it'll fill out. Probably.:oops:

For comparison I've already built a Corvette that measures about 220m (I'm probably going to redesign that one at some point though), and I'm planing to build a Destroyer that will come out somewhere between 350-400m, and then a Light Cruiser that will be around 500-550m. A Dreadnought would measure about 2000m, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to building one of those. ;)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Size is relative.

This is going to be a fully outfitted Role-playing ship, being built at a 1:1 scale, so while at about 450m long it might seem big, once you include quarters and other facilities to support a crew of hundreds, plus a good size cargo bay, additional bays for a smallish compliment of shuttles and a few fighters, as well as water, atmosphere, and fuel tanks, plus weapons systems, shield and engine blocks along with power blocks to run it all, and system control rooms to allow the crew to 'manage' all of these systems... it'll fill out. Probably.:oops:

For comparison I've already built a Corvette that measures about 220m (I'm probably going to redesign that one at some point though), and I'm planing to build a Destroyer that will come out somewhere between 350-400m, and then a Light Cruiser that will be around 500-550m. A Dreadnought would measure about 2000m, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to building one of those. ;)
    Things that are over 1km long are generally considered titans. 2km is just completely unrealistic (if it's not only plain hull). A dreadnought would be more in the 700-800m area imho

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    That's.... Quite a big frigate. But that does not matter. The only "size class" that counts is the one applied by the author.

It needs some technical details in crevices of sorts though. It's a bit bland, but could be promising.

Reaction score
    Looks promising! The basic shape and especial the engines look great.