Mammon Class Reconnaissance Destroyer

Reaction score
    Just finished the latest in my line of capital ships (Full Manifest can be found here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/divine-comedy-ships-of-the-line.810/), the Mammon Class Destroyer.

Stats are:
    Mass - 9682.1 tons
    Size - 160m(L) x 47m(H) x 97m(W)
    Power - 307237.2 @ 262299 e/sec
    Thrust - 14880N
    Shields - 12490 Blocks, 434300e (12494 s/sec), 3.0 Rec

Front View
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png

Close-up of Main Battery
    starmade-screenshot-0028.png

Top View
    starmade-screenshot-0026.png

Aft View
    starmade-screenshot-0027.png

Bridge
    starmade-screenshot-0029.png

MKIII Fusion Reactor
    starmade-screenshot-0032.png

Shuttle Bay (open)
    starmade-screenshot-0035.png

Size Comparison (Vs. DIS Belphaegor)
    starmade-screenshot-0036.png

She's a small, utilitarian ship designed for long range reconnaissance and patrol duties, supported by two fighters and a shuttle. 11 AMC turrets provide the Mammon's defensive fire-power, while an under-slung AMC battery makes sure that the Destroyer has the teeth for a fight.
    In real terms, the main AMC battery can rip through stations and smaller capital ships relatively quickly but the light shields and small power reserve means that the Mammon is best utilised at long range, picking off an enemy's engines, weapons or shields before moving in for the killing blow. On a side note, I fully intend to replace the AMC battery with something a little heavier, once the new weapons mods are released (hence my hesitation to release any of my ships just yet).

For now, enjoy the pics and feel free to leave feedback/comments (each one helps me to tweak my designs a little bit more)

Reaction score
    wow, that's one cool looking ship! bit short tough...
    To be honest, I wanted something similar to Star Trek's Defiant Class: Small, agile and not much of a looker, but god help you if you stay in it's line of sight for more than a few seconds....
    My next ship class is gonna be a heavier variant with thicker armour and bigger guns