"Divine Comedy" - Ships of the Line

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Very robust, brute designs. I like how you merge the fluidity of wedges with the uniformity of the flat surfaces. The hull spikes laced with ice on the DIS Belphaegor could have a more menacing edge to them though.

Reactions: Broken_Angel
    Reaction score
    Thanks. The spikes are meant to be sensor clusters, but there's no in-game functionality to reflect that at the moment. I was going for a Carp/Angler Fish look with the Belphaegor but I don't know how well it came off.
    There are two, smaller destroyers, two 500m cruisers and a 1km battleship in the works at the moment.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks. The spikes are meant to be sensor clusters, but there's no in-game functionality to reflect that at the moment. I was going for a Carp/Angler Fish look with the Belphaegor but I don't know how well it came off.
    There are two, smaller destroyers, two 500m cruisers and a 1km battleship in the works at the moment.....
    Ah I see, I misinterpreted them as the extension of a weapon barrel of some sort. I would add more then a straight line to it if you're mimicing an angler fish, which is certainly a very interesting design. The new tetra and penta blocks should do the trick to make that look sleek and almost organic. As fro the other ships your lining up, I eagerly await to see them. Great building :D

Reaction score
    I do plan to make them available, once I'm 100% happy with the design. There are still minor tweaks to the outer hull and some interior details to finish off first

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!

My main front-line cruiser on Tectium Clementia. (ignore the ugly docking bits, was doing things)

Reaction score
    Destroyer WIP
    starmade-screenshot-0022.png starmade-screenshot-0023.png

Superstructure for the Shuttle Bay and forward engines are just about done, need to finish fine detail work. Still have to build Crew Quarters, Engine Room, Power Generators, Shield Grid, Sensors, AMC Housing and Turret Mounts....and that's before I get onto the exterior detailing.
    For a 150m long ship, this is turning into a lot of work

Reaction score
    DIS Mammon
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png starmade-screenshot-0026.png
    Reconnaissance Destroyer is finally done!

I've decided to hold off on releasing these ships until after the new weapons mods have been released. I can't see the Belphaegor changing much, but I intend to retrofit the weapons systems on both the Asmodeus and Mammon to give them a bit more bite.
    The following ship classes are also in the works and I hope to have them completed before too long:

DIS Leviathan (Battleship) - 70% Complete (needs transferring to my high-spec rig before I can finish)
    DIS Lucifer (Cruiser) - Design Stage
    DIS Satan (Cruiser) - Design Stage
    DIS Beelzebub (Destroyer) -Construction Pending
    Pesado MKIV (Corvette/Bomber) - 95% Complete (final design upgrades underway)
    Belias MKII (Fighter) - Design Stage (rebuilding this one from the ground up, as MKI design was a bit of a rushed job)
    Astaroth MKII (Shuttle) - 50% (current design is solid, just need to rebalance stats)

In short, watch this space

Reaction score
    A few more screenshots of the growing fleet.
    starmade-screenshot-0038.png
    starmade-screenshot-0040.png
    starmade-screenshot-0039.png

Done some cosmetic work on all three, refining a few details and smoothing off edges and reworked the weapon mounts, ready for the new mods. Also rebuilt the Belias Class Fighter from scratch, it now looks like the illegitimate love child of the BSG Viper and Voyager's Delta Flyer, as well as refitting the Pesdao Bomber (mainly interior details).

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Another week, another ship....
    This time, the Heavy Destroyer DIS Beelzebub.

3/4 Front View
    starmade-screenshot-0044.png

Dorsal View
    starmade-screenshot-0043.png

As you can see, I've based this on a modified version the Mammon Class. The Beelzebub sports thicker armour around key sections, streamlined contours and additional thrusters (there's only a drop of about 20kph in the top speed, despite all the added weight)
    Primary armament is the forward lance battery, a trio of wide-mawed cannons that will house no less than fifty-four (54!) linked Beam weapons. The Beelzebub Class is less of a starship and more of a highly mobile Beam Cannon.
    To accommodate the extra weaponry, I've gutted the shuttle bay and cargo docks, replacing them with a single, fly through resupply bay. Given that this class doesn't tend to stray too far from larger vessels (providing concentrated salvoes to heavier targets to collapse their shields), a lack of storage isn't exactly an issue.

Comparison shots with the DIS Mammon
    starmade-screenshot-0046.png
    starmade-screenshot-0047.png
    starmade-screenshot-0048.png

Been feeling a bit under the weather this week but I hope to get cracking on the Lucifer Class Cruiser before too long. The basic plan is almost done, just need to get on with it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Nice ships!
    Beelzebub's shape is really nice. Looks heavy!

Reaction score
    Thanks. I wanted to give it quite a menacing profile for such a small ship (160m), as though the three massive Lances built into the prow weren't enough!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Beelzebub, another name for the devil, or are you referring to Japanese Manga?
    Also I love the use of black hull with the blue glow.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pretty neat ships... IMO the massive flat black surfaces could use an accent bit or two, though.

Reaction score
    Beelzebub, another name for the devil, or are you referring to Japanese Manga?
    Also I love the use of black hull with the blue glow.
    I'm working through the list of Binsfield's list of know demons, starting with the big ones supposedly responsible for invoking the deadly sins in man....as an atheist sci-fi geek, I just like the way these names sound when paired with starships.

Pretty neat ships... IMO the massive flat black surfaces could use an accent bit or two, though.
    I've donemore detail work to break up some of the larger areas, but I wanted to give the hulls a sleek, glossy finish. The initial designs for the Lucifer Class Cruiser look more like a space-born shard of obsidian than a ship. But, everyone has different tastes...