Make Wireless Logic Wireless

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Turn this..

Into this..

(though maybe not like a poorly edited image with mis-aligned lines, lol)

To spell it out, this suggestion is to give a dual purpose to the name "wireless," by taking away the wires between connected wireless logic blocks on the same entity. Why? To hide the lines, of course. The logic lines don't appear when they are connected between entities, right? So why should they appear on the same entity? Sometimes you just want to hide the lines without having to run lines all over the base, through walls and floors.

Reactions: alterintel

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I completely agree.

However, I believe this is more a symptom of the game engine. the Logic Pipes are an annoyance to most people for all logic. Some people have even gone and used them for decoration. There was some talk about maybe trying to make the logic pipes only visible in build mode, like the new docking rail systems, but I haven't heard anything official.

Though I can't say for sure, because I don't know for sure. But I'm pretty sure this is planned. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. Logic pipes are already planned to be optional. (FSM, #24)
    2. Wireless logic is ship-to-ship, it should not be used on the same entity and there is no reason to do so.