Make a wish.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Everyone has a dream, something they fight for, a goal.
    Or something they want so badly.
    Well, post your wish here!
    Keep it Starmade related ofcourse and make it clear.

A wish:
    Only 1 wish per post.
    Starmade related.
    Make it complete, cancle as many questions as possible.

Close a wish:
    Are you able to finish someones wish?
    Try helping out people where you can, ofcourse the wish i want better planets is hard to close for the most of you.

My wish:
    I wish servers weren't filled with stupid people,
    like common, they are either smart enough to install their own logic stuff or they don't want/need logic stuff.
    I just want to help people with logic stuff! But it seems nobody needs a logic engineer:(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wish we had personal ship locks, it would make people much more likely to band into factions when they can't have their ships joyridden into a star by someone with a grudge.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I wish for a metric shitton of configurable options in the configs. The game can not possibly cater to everyone, but the option to easily tweak the base game to better match the various playstyles is the 1 thing I hope for most.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I wish for a metric shitton of configurable options in the configs. The game can not possibly cater to everyone, but the option to easily tweak the base game to better match the various playstyles is the 1 thing I hope for most.
    Want to close this wish halfways... check the Config files, there are the most of the options. But im would suggest too, that there should be much more options for server admins.

My Wish:
    Goals for the Game. Quests or a Skilltree and a Final Goal.
    Sure the Creative people on the popular Servers got many Ideas to improve experiance.
    But take that to singleplayer too.
    after building everything, and knowing the game mechanics there is nothing left to do exept a Interactive Lego Game.
    Quests, Exploring, Castable Bosses... there could be so many more.

Reactions: HolyCookie

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I wish for the game to do what Space Engineers and release the source code for modders, both allowing complete overhauls, aswell as crowdsourced bug fixes.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry? matric shitton? can you explain that? :confused:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Want to close this wish halfways... check the Config files, there are the most of the options. But im would suggest too, that there should be much more options for server admins.
    Oh I already know about those, but they are limited to some degree. At it's best, it allows wiggle room and customizing, but for those who want larger changes it isn't there yet.

Sorry? matric shitton? can you explain that? :confused:
    Basically, more options than I can even think of to count. Like adding effects to base weapons or more control over the adjustments of formulas (not everyone wants Linear weapons, and the only setup we have is fixed and linear atm).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh I already know about those, but they are limited to some degree. At it's best, it allows wiggle room and customizing, but for those who want larger changes it isn't there yet.

Basically, more options than I can even think of to count. Like adding effects to base weapons or more control over the adjustments of formulas (not everyone wants Linear weapons, and the only setup we have is fixed and linear atm).
    like that thing mods need?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    like that thing mods need?
    Yes, but not exactly mods. Mods will probably need people to download various things. Modding through configs is like Soft-modding, you get all kinds of different things without having to download anything. It's different :d

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Stable Break-Off.

I've been wanting this feature to be done for many months.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wish for the ability to control the ship from places other than the core. Especially with the HP system, now cores are basically just starting points/build blocks for the ship anyway...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My greatest wish is for the world to be more involved and alive. Kinda like what bigedge said, although I wouldnt stop with quests and goals for the player, but AI factions existing and forming goals of their own, including the trading guild actively trying to improve its income from shops (which of course will imply a functioning economic AI to track what players/NPC factions are doing), and political factions, including other species, yes, cropping up to govern themselves and occupy a system here or there, or forming a business to compete with the trading guild, one another, and player factions.

Reaction score
    My wish is for a real real API to tie into with maybe a script engine to load from without the burden of compiling. Then all the other wishes might come true from the Modder Genies about.

Reaction score
    Ships over a certain size require rooms at a minimum size (crew quarters - medical - bridge etc) and require a specific amount of crew assigned to jobs (ai or real) and of course this would require life support (basically capital ship internal gameplay)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I wish my wife would get back with me.... oh. Starmade. Right.

I wish for smarter AI, one that functions on a close to human level. Obviously not entirely possible. Also some AI factions/alien races would be pretty darn awesome. Filled with proper diplomacy, trade mechanisms. The works. Its a big wish, but im not expecting its exactness. Just a wish.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ^ lol

I wish that Charon will be finished some day.
    And that fleet control gets implemented.

Reaction score
    I wish my wife would get back with me.... oh. Starmade. Right.

I wish for smarter AI, one that functions on a close to human level. Obviously not entirely possible. Also some AI factions/alien races would be pretty darn awesome. Filled with proper diplomacy, trade mechanisms. The works. Its a big wish, but im not expecting its exactness. Just a wish.
    Dude. Women are like Buses.
    Well, American women anyway.

I wish power systems did not use 'cube size'. Just linear scaling.

That would take care of a LOT of the 'small vs large' ship problems. As well as removing a massive confusion point for new players.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That would take care of a LOT of the 'small vs large' ship problems.
    It would actually add to the Bigger is Better issue. In fact, non-linear scaling is probably the only reason Bigger isn't Better imho.

Reaction score
    Ships over a certain size require rooms at a minimum size (crew quarters - medical - bridge etc) and require a specific amount of crew assigned to jobs (ai or real) and of course this would require life support (basically capital ship internal gameplay)
    I think an improved way of doing this is having certain blocks that need to be placed and have player-defined paths - more flexibility and creativity.

I would like for titans to have uses, but not be a solution to most problems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432964526,1432964303][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I wish power systems did not use 'cube size'. Just linear scaling.

That would take care of a LOT of the 'small vs large' ship problems. As well as removing a massive confusion point for new players.
    I think that would create more problems. Unless you mean to make it still have the softcap, and act more like thrusters? Might make ship-making more boring then, though.

Reaction score
    I was just trying to think of a way to limit 'big guns'. Then again, maybe HP will help. And it sounded better than "I wish armor didn't suck".

Fine, different wish then. I wish derelict stations looked more 'derelict', rather than 'Newly minted Titanish'
    Don't get me wrong, they are gorgeous, but they would still look gorgeous ripped into big pieces so it is better to salvage them rather than simply moving in and repairing a ship/station that looks like it had no reason whatsoever for being abandoned.