Magnetic effect

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I suggest adding magnetic effect. It would make any weapon's projectiles to "curve" into the target, making the weapon way more accurate. The larger the percentage, the more projectiles can curve into the target with the expence of decreased overall/hull/shield damage. If this does get implemented, the missile+missile weapon combo would only work as a shotgun, but not heatseeking anymore. Although, if you add magnetic effect to that (or any other missile), the missile starts behaving like a heat-seeking missile. The bigger the effect percentage, the better turning radius the missile has, thus making it more maneuverable. I'm not sure, how it would affect missile+laser combo, because target-chasing and heatseeking are two very different things and one missile can't do both.

The deffensive effect could make enemy weapon fire curve away from the ship slightly, but even at 100%, the ship would still be possible to hit (it would be significantly more difficult though).

I'm also not sure, how it would affect other weapons, like lasers and pulses, but feel free to write your suggestions.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I suggest adding magnetic effect. It would make any weapon's projectiles to "curve" into the target, making the weapon way more accurate. The larger the percentage, the more projectiles can curve into the target with the expence of decreased overall/hull/shield damage. If this does get implemented, the missile+missile weapon combo would only work as a shotgun, but not heatseeking anymore. Although, if you add magnetic effect to that (or any other missile), the missile starts behaving like a heat-seeking missile. The bigger the effect percentage, the better turning radius the missile has, thus making it more maneuverable. I'm not sure, how it would affect missile+laser combo, because target-chasing and heatseeking are two very different things and one missile can't do both.

The deffensive effect could make enemy weapon fire curve away from the ship slightly, but even at 100%, the ship would still be possible to hit (it would be significantly more difficult though).

I'm also not sure, how it would affect other weapons, like lasers and pulses, but feel free to write your suggestions.
    O_O oooh I like this

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    Marvelous idea. A lot of people have been suggesting that there be a target lead of some sort to facilitate hitting moving targets. I'd much rather see something like this magnetic effect.

I also like the idea of this adding heatseeking to missiles. I never really liked how the missile+missile combo added heatseeking AND burst missiles. Should be one or the other, as cool as it looks.

Not sure what beams and pulses could do. Beams could maybe curve towards the target (not that it's very helpful since it's hitscan, but not every effect on every weapon has to be super useful). Pulses could maybe get increased range or something boring like that. Or, if there's friendly fire, the pulse could only damage enemy ships.