Madison Class Destroyer

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Feel free to skip the description and check out the full imgur album.

http://starmadedock.net/content/madison-class-destroyer.3871/

Because I tend to build rather big and expensive ships, I've always struggled with mid-game server play. My best and most powerful ships have always been too powerful to attain quickly on a server. This ship is the solution to that problem. While large and powerful, it is made using lower quality parts, using zero advanced armor. This ship was designed from the ground up as a intermediate ship. Something to help bridge the gap between your first starter ship and your preferred capital ship.

While ships of this class do not equip salvagers, they are more than capable of taking down most pirates on most servers and easily eliminating any pirate stations.

The stats are pretty formidable, more than sufficient for expanding your influence after establishing a foothold. But, being a mid-tier ship, this class is adequate in all areas but excels in none.

Madison Class aesthetics are fully detailed, both inside and out, because who says you can't look good while annihilating your enemies?

Ship maneuverability is good, but not astounding. Sufficient for keeping your firepower trained on targets, but not much else. Jump recharge is also good, meaning scouting and probe attacks are viable. Madisons also have basic scanning capability.

Seeing as you'll need plenty of room to transport components and materiel, Madison Class vessels have more than enough cargo space to suit your needs. If need be, the substantial hangar areas can be converted to extra space very easily. If not, most small craft will be able to dock inside, larger vessels can be hooked the craft's two Universal Serial Docks.

The bridge is surrounded by several layers of hull and standard armor.

Here is the ships transporter room, which shares a space with the ships armory, where smaller loads of cargo and materiel can be stored.

Here's the link to the community content page.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/madison-class-destroyer.3871/

The rest of the interior and more exterior shots can be found here.
    If you're looking for a stylistically similar capital ship to work towards, consider checking out my Antietam Class Guided Missile Cruiser here. http://starmadedock.net/content/antietam-class-missile-cruiser.2377/

And as always, any critiques are welcome and reviews are appreciated immensely.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is a good ship :D I had a question for you, are you going to refit the Emperor class carrier ?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The only real answer I can give is "maybe." I honestly don't know. I've sunk so much work into that class that I'm not entirely sure I can justify it. Perhaps one day, if I need a carrier or carriers are actually viable ships.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Pretty cool mid range ship. I like the fact you're still packing 1mil shields.