Low FPS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A friend of mine downloaded Starmade but he can't play because he has low FPS rate.
    we've played a lot of games wrote in java or with voxel graphic ( minecraft/AOS/Salem/Guncraft) but he never had problems with the frame rate.
    he has already checked his java version, the firewall, the antivirus, graphical settings but the best he can get is 13 fps.
    do you have any ideas about the possibile problem?
    ( his graphic card should be a Nvidia GE )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not sure, did he come on some place with something massive built, or, maybe he should turn bloom and sync off, or dunno...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Is this only happening in multiplayer? Is he playing with the default settings?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it happen on single player and obv in multy too.
    he tried both the deafult setting and with everythingh turned off

Reaction score
    What graphics card do you have? Maybe updating your drivers helps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    first it\'s not me who has problem, anyways he have already updated the graphic card drivers, we\'re not that much noob lol
    and ps: look in the the first post :\\ he should have a Nvidia GE force

Reaction score
    Have you tried increasing the default amount of ram the game uses? (From the menu on the first window the Exe opens up) I doubt this is the cause of the problem, but it might help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ( it\'s him to have problems not me lol)
    no i don\'t think he tried.

Reaction score
    I\'m sorry, \"you\" was applied as a group plural in this case, since you seemed to be looking for help on his behalf :P I hope you manage to solve the problem

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m getting framerate issues as well when trying to view anything more than empty space. I have the most recent drivers, and there is plenty of RAM allocated to it, according to the in-game data display. I even tried changing the maximum and initial values to 2048MB.
    I\'ve got a Mobile Intel HD card with AMD drivers, but that shouldn\'t be causing this much of an issue, especially considering the basic nature of the games graphics. Comparitively, my framerate in the heavier parts of Dark Souls (i.e. Blighttown) is fivefold at least faster than the 3 or 4 fps max I get when trying to view something like the surface of a planet or a space station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02948560
    This fix should be applicable for my case. I tried it out, but once I got to changing the Swtchable Graphics mode in the BIOS, it gave me a bluescreen on boot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not trying to be a turd but this could be caused by your friend running a slow proccesor. Voxel games like these, despite low res graphics, need resonably powerful systems to run. I ask if you could supply specs.

Reaction score
    Im having a similar issue, it was working fine yesterday for an hour, i get off to go to class, then when i start it up again afterwards the framerate drops to the point where i can\'t even bring up the framerate or exit the game without a taskmanager close. specs are AlienWare M14X, Intel Core i7 8core Processor, GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus, 8 gigs of ram

edit, turning off the 60 fps cap seems to have fixed it

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Alienware machines often have this feature called \"stealth mode\", which basically cuts down performance to a minumum. When adjusting the volume this mode sometimes accidentially gets turned on.

The icon on the keaboard touch panel should look like this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a super old post, but I gotta say thank you Calbiri for the RAM trick. I was only getting 1 FPS loading a big ship or trying to fight an enemy fleet. Upping the RAM and initial RAM, my big ship loaded instantly and I had a solid 120+ FPS for as long as I played.