Look up Schine. Mirrored BP's and news on Pastebin.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Lekek please.

The hacking as not as extreme as described, but the other stuff I don't know.

If the hacking was as extreme as described, I would have joined Trident or something.

I have absolutely no interests with the Doxxing either.
    He's just trying damage control. Ignore him.
    Unpopular opinion but as much as we treat this as a game this is still a product in development, and in part we're testing it. Not saying go nuts and ruin everyone elses fun, but maybe keep that in mind for the next round of "confessions".
    If they cared about testing, they would report the bugs.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If they cared about testing, they would report the bugs.
    Generally bug reporting goes unreported because some of that shit is broken, but true I can't speak for everybody

Reaction score
    Currently I am generating quite a few bug reports all having to do with exploits. I've already taught Lan three different ways of clipping docked blocks, how to locate players on the galaxy map, and what blocks have dumb values that make them especially good for ablative armor. In the past, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to contact him about the multiple logic signal JD issue. I'm pretty sure I've done more to help this game than your sorry excuse for a faction has.

Despite all that, I'm doing my best to find exploits, but I'm just a guy with a couple guys behind me. I don't even have much technical knowledge of the game. We obviously can't find everything, so, you know, what can I do?

Well, I can spy on factions. People who are heavily invested in combat obviously are going to be the ones looking for a competitive edge. Just by looking at faction threads, I looked at five factions on the front page, and I came up with just short of 40 members. If I could use even a small fraction of the players in factions to discover exploits, I'd be able to multiply the number of exploits I'm finding by two, three, or possibly even four.

Calling out the cheaters is just the icing on the cake. Disassembling their ships off servers is the cherry on top of that.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Currently I am generating quite a few bug reports all having to do with exploits. I've already taught Lan three different ways of clipping docked blocks, how to locate players on the galaxy map, and what blocks have dumb values that make them especially good for ablative armor. In the past, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to contact him about the multiple logic signal JD issue. I'm pretty sure I've done more to help this game than your sorry excuse for a faction has.

Despite all that, I'm doing my best to find exploits, but I'm just a guy with a couple guys behind me. I don't even have much technical knowledge of the game. We obviously can't find everything, so, you know, what can I do?

Well, I can spy on factions. People who are heavily invested in combat obviously are going to be the ones looking for a competitive edge. Just by looking at faction threads, I looked at five factions on the front page, and I came up with just short of 40 members. If I could use even a small fraction of the players in factions to discover exploits, I'd be able to multiply the number of exploits I'm finding by two, three, or possibly even four.

Calling out the cheaters is just the icing on the cake. Disassembling their ships off servers is the cherry on top of that.
    This is why I don't mind the BP leaks or exploit leaks.
    Thanks to the previous ones I have reproduced, identified the core issue, and made multiple bug reports just off the hints.

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Pretty sure that's not what they said.
    Every bit as affirmable and informative for the rest of us though (nah JK if he was reporting and in contact with the testing team over the shit he claims then these threads simply would not exist, some things are more important to the game than faction drama)
    My judgement rests entirely on what I've seen this person doing, not what they say they're doing.
    And then maybe just a tad more for that self serving bullshit lip service they thought I'd appreciate when they posted my own base. None of this is okay, even if you try to be nice about it.

I've done my own "confessions" of a sort a few months back over some rails shit i was using at the time, luckily the moderation was a bit more tough on mine. I have no idea why this would be allowed in contrast.

It's very lovely that the most voiced opinion here is "good to get it out in the open" type shit, that's good, I don't doubt it might help people report. But how many fucking people have viewed this thread without commenting? Let's just have a round of confirmations that everyone who has viewed these threads are going to use this information for the good of the community.

Go on guys, raise ya hands. I'll wait.

and that's just assuming nobody is a liar here

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Every bit as affirmable and informative for the rest of us though (nah JK if he was reporting and in contact with the testing team over the shit he claims then these threads simply would not exist, some things are more important to the game than faction drama)
    You can't find every single exploit. You're a smart guy. Use your brain.

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You can't find every single exploit. You're a smart guy. Use your brain.
    But you can use the "Bugs" tab instead and not assume you're the only one doing it, no really I'm pointing that out totally unironically because I failed on that front before too.
    Which is more or less why I think the OP is just an angry dipshit. I can relate from experience.

What makes it worse is that this is on the faction subforum and not support, an obvious bid to generate toxicity over server side events, that have already come and gone server side, that the poster in question didn't like the results of, and so he's come to bitch about it here (further claiming to later target those who derail his outright idiocy)

Ships were un-built, adults had words that included plenty of "fuck"s, then butts were slapped and everyone hit the showers, nothing was lost, which might have touched a nerve.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Swear we need a spacial sub forum specifically for venting and the drop topics too hot to put out in. XD

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Just make a hidden garbage disposal subforum, and remove posting privileges for everywhere but there instead of handing out temp bans.
    Let them get it all out somewhere else so they don't give the devs such a headache by documenting legitimately gamebreaking & overpowered exploits in the public forums for anyone to read.

Sure I'm guilty of posting shit vaguely like this (without turning it into subforum pvp) myself but was smart enough to immediately stop and rethink what the actual effect of my actions on the games community would be (being yelled at in DM might have helped)

To Z; no idiot, you're not being Julian Assange, you're being a psychotic ex girlfriend.

Reaction score
    From Z to A: have you considered my strategy? Leaking blueprints and exploits is a method. Why would I do this? Why would I be targeting your faction and alliance? Why, why, why?

My primary goal is to remove cheats and exploits from the game, but that's an extremely lofty goal. There's no game where there isn't some cheap, easy way to win if you manipulate it enough, so I needed something better. I needed to remove the cheaters.

You see, cheating is fine, when everyone knows about it. If devs, server and players all have equal knowledge of exploits, then they can all act appropriately. My ultimate hope would be that devs would work to fix them, server admins would ban cheaters, and players would call out and abuse cheaters. The only way for cheaters to get a leg up is if they hold more knowledge about what they are doing than the rest of the playerbase.

I also somewhat have a goal of removing toxic players from the game and the forums. Have you considered why I use ToR? Why I keep coming back? Maybe I should hit harder, maybe I should work on spamming every faction subforum day-in, day-out. Then again, I should probably wait for my first two goals to be completed before I do that.

Perhaps your idea of a general leak is more effective than my idea of a faction-targetted one. I might look at it for when I get a few more BP's.

Sincerely, your poster-child crazy (ex)girlfriend,
    Laina Morris.

tata~

Reactions: Lecic