Logic through jump gates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty much all said in the title.
    Whatever method allows logic across docked entities (when that becomes a thing) also gets adapted to allow logic between stations linked with warpgates.
    For doing things like controlling an iris on both sides, warning lights for announcing an incoming traveler, etc. Or potentially allowing for someone to make a system with a bunch of stations all hooked up together with jump gates that know when they fall under attack.

Reactions: Lecic

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This would only really be possible when both entities are loaded in, which isn't a guarentee. Which I believe, and I'm sure I'll be corrected, that you'd basically be making it so that they player is loading in multiple sectors, which might be a bit poor for server performance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I suppose. Oh! I came up with a pretty good general way to do this: Let the marker beam connect logic blocks between different entities. If one entity is unloaded no logic updates will come to or from it. Once loaded again it will update the connected blocks, even if the other entity is unloaded.