Read by Schine Logic output (Block) from Fleet commands

Should there be a logic output of (their own) Fleet commands on Entities

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    After trying out some things after the Fleet update I found some features I'd like to see added to this already awesome system:

A Block that, in it's settings, gets mapped to a single or maybe multiple fleet states, that emits a high signal while any of the maked orders is active/gets activated.
    (alternatively one separate Block for each Fleet state)
    (And it only fires if/when/as soon as the ships are actually loaded)

optionally also a few custom commands for things like actually launching fighters and activating Raildockers/Hangardoors only when actually recalling fighters
    (which works, but only using remote logic blocks so far... and one has to actually get (in)to the Ship every time one wants to add another place to activate it from...)

The end goal would be to actually control the Fleet state/orders from the Fleet menu.
    So both landing AND starting fighters (logic signal which one then has to connect appropriately to rails and stuff to make it work)

And maybe we can get Turret axis to realign and lock in place as long as a base recieves a high signal too? ^^
    Together it would allow neat things like retracting turrets and other appendages while in move/idle mode and exposing them while in sentry/attack mode

And while I'm on another form of 'wireless' logic: Anither thing I'd like to see is Wireless logic bound to a Raildocker/Rail to communicate states between docked entities to allow sorting of docked entities and such...
    The current system of wireless logic does allows to communicate between Entities but any Rail/logic system still doesn't know if the entity coming in on Rail A should go to the fighter or the Bomber bay,...

If it's hard to implement becaus the server would have to go through the ship first, tie them to a very close proximity/in a chain behind/... of the ship core/Bobby AI Module.
    And at least in my head, this wouldn't be more taxing on servers/clients than the already existing wireless logic blocks... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Not sure if plausible, but loves it. More applications for logic are awesome and this exemplifies that.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459521887,1459521733][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a thought, but what if a block could be linked to an individual fleet command.. so then you'd be able to issue the commands with inner-ship remotes or buttons on your bridge and send out the associated signals to your fleet with wireless along with the command? This might make for less new blocks, yes?

Also, side note: Why such tiny text!?

---

Editing again for further evolution of the idea as my tweak on this suggestion did not account for issuing orders to a flagship the player is not in. Perhaps a 'Fleet Computer' of some variety would be the first of the capital ship systems and be installed to a flagship.. here we could associate it with a specific fleet order so as to activate that order with logic or receive a logic signal when that order is sent by way of the computer's links.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    Made all the Text normal sized... didn't realize I had zoom on... ^^

'Just' somehow linking a block as output source to certain fleet commands is exactly what I meant.

But it would still require a interface for either wireless logic block or a separate C&C-output/Fleet-computer block (to not add a block for each command) and the triggers in the backend. I have no idea how/if it will be easier/possible/feasible, but I'd like to see some implementation of one-way logic output from fleet commands to the Member-Ships logic systems.

Currently one has to have one Wireless Block for each signal source and in case one wants several ships to coordinate, also link them with each other with wireless logic blocks ending up in a Faculty of the number of ships in connections... (as to not have a 'master' one that if hit inhibits the others from working) and one has to press a physical button somewhere (that also wants to be connected) instead of it just going along with the already issued fleet commands. (i guess it's a similar reason to why wireless logic was put in in the first place (ps it's awesome, thanks for that already ^^)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I would like to see some turret resetting and locking logic block. Every time I have to open that shitty menu and reset my turrets before I can retract them using rails. I know I could design them differently, but still. Some things should have they way to automate them with logic.

And I agree that fleet control also should have that option to automate it with logic.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A Block that, in it's settings, gets mapped to a single or maybe multiple fleet states, that emits a high signal while any of the maked orders is active/gets activated.
    (alternatively one separate Block for each Fleet state)
    (And it only fires if/when/as soon as the ships are actually loaded)
    I am all for more logic interaction, we do need more blocks to output signals and signals from fleet commands would be great. If I could only have my ships enter combat mode when they are ordered to attack and go back to normal while idle.

And maybe we can get Turret axis to realign and lock in place as long as a base recieves a high signal too? ^^
    Together it would allow neat things like retracting turrets and other appendages while in move/idle mode and exposing them while in sentry/attack mode
    I really want turrets to be able to be told to return to their default state. I don't think it should be a high signal though. Solo turret docks would be active, if you want to control them by logic a high signal would be active and a low signal would be off and return to center.

And while I'm on another form of 'wireless' logic: Anither thing I'd like to see is Wireless logic bound to a Raildocker/Rail to communicate states between docked entities to allow sorting of docked entities and such...
    The current system of wireless logic does allows to communicate between Entities but any Rail/logic system still doesn't know if the entity coming in on Rail A should go to the fighter or the Bomber bay,...
    Yes, we need a way to get signals from a ship to it's dock and vice versa that isn't tied to wireless logic blocks.

Reaction score
    I really want turrets to be able to be told to return to their default state. I don't think it should be a high signal though. Solo turret docks would be active, if you want to control them by logic a high signal would be active and a low signal would be off and return to center.
    But if Turret bases get enabled to work with logic then they should still 'work' when they don't have any inputs attached, shouldn't they?
    off/low/no input connected would mean fully usable and high (which is only possible if anything is connected at all) would be centered and locked there. Having high as the usable position would require any turret ever to use a high signal to function even if they are supposed to always be on (and it would disable all existing turrets until they get fitted with at least one activator per axis) ^^

Yes, we need a way to get signals from a ship to it's dock and vice versa that isn't tied to wireless logic blocks.
    So far I've just used Area Triggers in Ship Profile shapes to sort ships and the one that does not trigger is the way it goes to. ^^
    And even though I'd like the Signal Transfer I'm not sure enough people would actually profit from it/use it.
    Although it would be neat for things like multiple-cart Rail systems with several stops so every cart could communicate it's destinationin at intersections instead of having to build a huge memory circuit to keep track of things...

PS: Even though I've been playing for quite a while, I'm fairly new to these Forums (And it's a lot of reading to catch up with)...
    I mentioned some more Rail-Stuff here Change to Shared Shields for Rails after the Thread was marked. Will that will still be looked at or should I create a separate Thread? (I haven't found the Suggestion Forum guidlines yet...) ^^

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But if Turret bases get enabled to work with logic then they should still 'work' when they don't have any inputs attached, shouldn't they?
    "Solo turret docks would be active"

This would be much like pickup points. If you don't use them with logic they are on by default, as soon as you start linking that's when you get control. A turret dock would act as it does now until it receives a low signal to turn off. Logically it just doesn't make sense to have high turn it off and low turn it on.

Reaction score
    Hmm... Never mind, I actually agree with you. I can't say it doesn't make sense to have them 'off' with a low and 'on' with a high signal... aaand it's probably a little more intuitive if they stay locked while 'off'. :)
    I might have been fixated on the Turrets being supposed to do something (realign) and having the high pulse to initiate that...
    (but if it was just an order to realign without locking, I'd prefer a high pulse to do so. But as an on/off (active, realigned) switch with a continuous signal it's more intuitive to have corresponding states/signals) ^^
    But having it locked might reduce the number of collision tests against the parent entity too :)

But yes, Fleet commands logic output... (, Permadocks and Turret realign Logic) ^^

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It's probably doable. Yet another thing players want connected to logic. I can't really speak on how complicated this may or may not be in implementation. We shall see!