Recognized by Council Logic controlled Fleet Command Block

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This idea is to have a new block called a "Fleet Command Block." You place the block onto the mothership of a fleet, press "R" on it to configure it, and then use an ON pulse from logic to send the command it's configured for to the fleet. For commands that require coordinates, it will use the current coordinates of the ship or if there are coordinates set in the navigation windows, it will use those. Or perhaps what coordinates it uses is set inside the block.

This would allow a pilot to issue fleet commands using inner ship remotes. Or perhaps have a control room for the fleet, where a second person controls the fleet.

What do you guys/gals think? :)

Reactions: JNC and davedumas0

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think that it should happen yes. Especially for things like drone recall. It'd be much better to click one inner ship remote and have the recall and doors be controlled by logic, instead of opening the doors, going into the fleet menu, etc...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I remember ToasterBorst talking about something like this once already. It may have been in chat, stream, or another thread.

I do think we need need logic to and from fleet commands. These blocks should be capable of being set up both ways. When you assign a specific fleet action to one of these blocks any time it receives a signal it will issue that command, probably limited to the flagship. Any ship in the fleet will receive that command and if they have a fleet command block that is linked to logic they will then activate that logic. For example I issue an attack command which triggers the red alert state I build into all my combat ships.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Yessir. I do believe this has already been recognized this term. Somewhere is a thread with Criss' response most likely!

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yessir. I do believe this has already been recognized this term. Somewhere is a thread with Criss' response most likely!
    There was a thread regarding using command lines, but after looking through a lot of posts regarding fleet suggestions, I could not find one that suggested logic controlled blocks to control fleets. If there was another post outlining the use of a command block, I must've missed it. Sorry about that. Thank you for your response though. I think this would be pretty cool if implemented. :)

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    No worries man, I have am just positive the team has made a note about logic and fleet commands based on this terms suggestion commenting/filtering/forwarding; it does not look like the topic was officially recognized my Schine yet and naturally more discussion to flush ideas out is aways good! Here was the one I recalled processing this term: Read by Schine - Logic output (Block) from Fleet commands

Edit: I understand it is not identical, but if we bump the same general concept to Schine multiple times each term.. then we aren't exactly doing our jobs. A good suggestion though, would still love to see any an all expansions on logic functions and of course some form of command block has been a frequent suggestion in general for ages.

Last edited:

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No worries man, I have am just positive the team has made a note about logic and fleet commands based on this terms suggestion commenting/filtering/forwarding; it does not look like the topic was officially recognized my Schine yet and naturally more discussion to flush ideas out is aways good! Here was the one I recalled processing this term: Read by Schine - Logic output (Block) from Fleet commands

Edit: I understand it is not identical, but if we bump the same general concept to Schine multiple times each term.. then we aren't exactly doing our jobs. A good suggestion though, would still love to see any an all expansions on logic functions and of course some form of command block has been a frequent suggestion in general for ages.
    That's kind of the other way around, where you issue a fleet command, it activates a logic block. An interesting concept as well. I'm a bit fan of options and giving control to the player, so I'm all for this kind of stuff. :)

Reaction score
    Hi Guys, not sure if there is a newer thread, if there is I couldn't find it. Anyway, I was thinking something similar for this in that have a 'group' of fleet command blocks - eg -fleet recall, guard sector, mine this sector. Any way, the idea I had was to setup a mining fleet where the drones have sensors to trigger a wireless module when cargo is full which triggers an activation module on the mothership, when all drones are full then fleet recall is triggered. Then in reverse in that when cargo is empty the mine this sector fleet command is triggered... Anyway I think this would work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This idea is to have a new block called a "Fleet Command Block." You place the block onto the mothership of a fleet, press "R" on it to configure it, and then use an ON pulse from logic to send the command it's configured for to the fleet. For commands that require coordinates, it will use the current coordinates of the ship or if there are coordinates set in the navigation windows, it will use those. Or perhaps what coordinates it uses is set inside the block.

This would allow a pilot to issue fleet commands using inner ship remotes. Or perhaps have a control room for the fleet, where a second person controls the fleet.

What do you guys/gals think? :)
    i was thinking something along those lines but with 2 blocks one you put on the "mothership" and another that can ONLY go on your home base
    then you "link" them in the same way you would a jump gate(only 1 pair can be linked at a time but more than one "set" can be on a ship) but the one on the "home base" is what you press "R" on to configure and set up logic with