Logic block problem: 0 +1 = 0

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a series of delays linked to each other in a circle. I can activate a delay for a certain time to get a signal that's running through the circle indefinitely. This way I can make longer or shorter signals. So far everything works as expected, but if I add an AND gate to the circle and connect an activator to the gate it starts to become strange. First, I switch the activator on, then one of the delays. Now I get a very short signal, since the manually activated delay gets deactivated pretty fast, even if it receives a permanent ON signal from an activator.

It seems that the AND gate sends a permanent OFF signal through the loop which switches off the activated delay. To test this I made another setup: Two activators linked to a single delay. If both activators are off and one is switched on the delay is activated (0 + 1 = 1), but if both are on and one is switched off the delay is turned off (0 + 1 = 0).

I real digital electronics there are no OFF signals, only ON signals. When there's no signal at all this means OFF. Thus a simple Y-shaped wire can act as an OR gate. It also workes like that in Minecraft.

It would be way less confusing and more predictable if each logic block which isn't a gate would act like an OR gate.

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The impression this post gives me is that the activator doesn't use ones and zeros, and simply changes the state of the block they are connected to when you activate it, whether the activator is on or off. And about your delay loop, I know how to make it smaller and use less space. If you start a loop which takes 5 seconds to loop around at the same time as another which takes 6 seconds to loop around, and hook part of each loop to an AND gate, you will make a timer which pulses every 30 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If an activator is switched on it sends an ON signal, if it's switched off it sends an OFF signal, and only the last received signal counts. I can work with it since I know it works this way now, but it will confuse many other players, especially those who already know how real logic circuits work.

And about your delay loop, I know how to make it smaller and use less space.
    I know this method, I made a mob suffocator which causes exactly 9.5 hearts damage with it. ;)
    But currently I don't need a 0.5 s pulse every x seconds, rather a cycling signal which is on for several seconds.

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've heard something about the logic gates, that schema can't decide if the are one way or the other. I don't remember the words used, but the gist was that circuits in this game don't work the way they should because because they can't process their information as fast as they send it or something. If I find the video or post bout it, I'll post a link in an edit.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If an activator is switched on it sends an ON signal, if it's switched off it sends an OFF signal, and only the last received signal counts. I can work with it since I know it works this way now, but it will confuse many other players, especially those who already know how real logic circuits work.
    This is the trouble I keep having, I spent a lot of time building redstone circuits but you cannot think of starmade logic the same way.