Logic based timer

Reaction score
    Hey guys! Interesting project I'd like some advice on.

I need a timer that counts down from 22 minutes and 30 seconds that turns specific lights off at even intervals. Basically, every four minutes a light goes off until all the lights (five) are off and 30 seconds remain. From there the system should start over. I could do it with 2700 delay modules... But that's a ton of blocks for a project like this. Any advice or links that could help make this work?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey guys! Interesting project I'd like some advice on.

I need a timer that counts down from 22 minutes and 30 seconds that turns specific lights off at even intervals. Basically, every four minutes a light goes off until all the lights (five) are off and 30 seconds remain. From there the system should start over. I could do it with 2700 delay modules... But that's a ton of blocks for a project like this. Any advice or links that could help make this work?
    I'd probably use a rail setup for this, and just slow down the rail until it works for you.

Reaction score
    How do you mean? Biggest issue I would see is activating lights and then the immediate reset at the end. It's kind of like the countdown timer on the destiny I'm going for (Stargate Universe)

How are you thinking I should do that?

Reaction score
    I can do this with a chain of storage timers, each tick is 9 seconds, so add number of blocks equal to 4 minutes divide 9. Then add a chain of these storage modules of the time you want divide by 4 minutes.

Reaction score
    Ok this may be a noob question, but what's a storage timer? Haven't heard if that yet. Sorry, I started playing on the original system and am just getting back into it

Reaction score
    So the storage unit will set flags in an activation module and or module as per the following. Empty, not empty, full(cant make the next pull of items, different from full if pulls are large or divide into the storage amount neatly)

So you start the timer by pulling out of the storage block to another storage block, when the empty flag sets use it to turn off pull on other storage and start pull on the empty storage.

That's for an endless timer

Reaction score
    Thanks! Would I be able to basically run 29 of those together, then connect the output to 6 delays ( one row, sequentially, then to another set of 29? That would give the time I need

Also, would you possible be able to post a picture of the circuit?

Last edited: