Implemented List of Compiled Suggestions

Reaction score
    Allow me to not waste your time and get to the good stuff, please note I have not being paying attention, some of these suggestions may already be implemented/planned/already suggested, please be gentle.

1. SOUND
    Sound for everything!
    Including but not limited to...
    Button "beep"
    Computer beeping and booping loops
    Door opening
    Rail movement "insert sound that sounds like when something moves along a conveyer belt" sound
    Cloaking sound effect (maybe like the one from EVE)
    Radar jamming "buzzzzzzzz"
    More explosion sounds
    Fire sound for overheating ships (maybe even a fire texture)
    Scanning "Sonar" sound
    Missile launching and in flight sound
    Engine sounds not just emanating from the core
    Private Message receive sound
    Jump gate activation "zip"
    Mining laser "rumble"
    Cannon round "whiiiiiiiiiiz"
    Beam "beam sounding sound"
    Damage pulse "emp pulse sound minus the shattering sound"
    Background Music Bobbybighoof has some good ones Resources from Bobby Bighoof

2. Exploration!?

Make only stars visible on the galaxy map, make people use scanners to find things of interest (stations, planets etc)
    Allow people to export exploration data to a "Map item" and trade/sell it to others!

3. Network optimization

SO I may or may not have looked at the netcode of the game (when I say netcode I refer to the code for connecting, disconnecting, server running and particularly the code for servers sending you information about other clients) plz dont ban me for reverse engineering the game
    From what I saw I assume (keywording = assume) that players regardless of position and every other entity is sent to players regardless of their location in the universe....
    IT SHOULD BE only forcing people to send info about their client to the server and then to the client when they are nearby (definition of nearby is up for discussion)
    Why? Less network lag therefor less ping, therefor better connection therefor less dropouts!

4. PLEASE FIX THE BUG THAT ALLOWS AI LOCK ON MISSILES TO LOCK ONTO RADAR JAMMED ENTITIES! AND REDUCE THE RANGE AI TURRETS CAN DUMB FIRE OTHER WEAPONS ON RADAR JAMMED SHIPS!

5. Client Cache for storing nearby sector information about a server, if there is not one already

7. WHEELS!?

Self explanatory

8. StarMade devs should play the game that they developed on public servers to get feedback and obtain data about their progress with the game

9. STOP MAKING THE GAME FREE

I'm sure everyone will pay for the game if they truly like it, more money for you = better progress for the game = better content for us = more money!

10. IF you noticed the first time I skipped 6 WIN FREE COOKIE!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. On the FSM, number one even. Planned, in progress, they will get to it eventually.
    2. Check this thread, detail your idea there.
    3. ??
    4. Game is Alpha. Bug fixes are low on the priority list. No point in fixing something that will break next update, and the one after that...
    5. ??
    6. (I has cookie)
    7. Check this thread, detail your idea there.
    8. The devs are to busy making the game. Tho Criss spends a lot of time in-game/on twitch making assets. Anyway, this is what the council is for.
    9. I dunno how to respond to this one, especially since you haven't paid.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Allow me to not waste your time and get to the good stuff, please note I have not being paying attention, some of these suggestions may already be implemented/planned/already suggested, please be gentle.

1. SOUND
    Sound for everything!
    Including but not limited to...
    Button "beep"
    Computer beeping and booping loops
    Door opening
    Rail movement "insert sound that sounds like when something moves along a conveyer belt" sound
    Cloaking sound effect (maybe like the one from EVE)
    Radar jamming "buzzzzzzzz"
    More explosion sounds
    Fire sound for overheating ships (maybe even a fire texture)
    Scanning "Sonar" sound
    Missile launching and in flight sound
    Engine sounds not just emanating from the core
    Private Message receive sound
    Jump gate activation "zip"
    Mining laser "rumble"
    Cannon round "whiiiiiiiiiiz"
    Beam "beam sounding sound"
    Damage pulse "emp pulse sound minus the shattering sound"
    Background Music Bobbybighoof has some good ones Resources from Bobby Bighoof

2. Exploration!?

Make only stars visible on the galaxy map, make people use scanners to find things of interest (stations, planets etc)
    Allow people to export exploration data to a "Map item" and trade/sell it to others!

3. Network optimization

SO I may or may not have looked at the netcode of the game (when I say netcode I refer to the code for connecting, disconnecting, server running and particularly the code for servers sending you information about other clients) plz dont ban me for reverse engineering the game
    From what I saw I assume (keywording = assume) that players regardless of position and every other entity is sent to players regardless of their location in the universe....
    IT SHOULD BE only forcing people to send info about their client to the server and then to the client when they are nearby (definition of nearby is up for discussion)
    Why? Less network lag therefor less ping, therefor better connection therefor less dropouts!

4. PLEASE FIX THE BUG THAT ALLOWS AI LOCK ON MISSILES TO LOCK ONTO RADAR JAMMED ENTITIES! AND REDUCE THE RANGE AI TURRETS CAN DUMB FIRE OTHER WEAPONS ON RADAR JAMMED SHIPS!

5. Client Cache for storing nearby sector information about a server, if there is not one already

7. WHEELS!?

Self explanatory

8. StarMade devs should play the game that they developed on public servers to get feedback and obtain data about their progress with the game

9. STOP MAKING THE GAME FREE

I'm sure everyone will pay for the game if they truly like it, more money for you = better progress for the game = better content for us = more money!

10. IF you noticed the first time I skipped 6 WIN FREE COOKIE!
    1. Sounds
    You will love to hear that sound effects and music are being worked on by amazingly talented professional dudes at this moment :D
    2.Exploration?
    There is so much in super secret development and in planned sections for this,your head would explode from all the awesomness :D
    ..um.. I stand correct,your head WILL explode once its here ahhahah
    3.pretty much desired by anyone sane,planned :P
    4.will be fixed
    5. -:-
    6. :)
    8. they do,Devs and testers have their own private server where they test 24/7 ,I dont see why should they play on public servers where anyone can disrupt them.
    9. They have the marketing for the next 100 years of this game planned lol,dont worry about it :P

Reactions: jgames666