Read by Schine Wheel Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    All I want to suggest is a block similar to a thruster which allows for an object to move around on station's and planetary environments with ease. This way we can get some ground based vehicles in such as rovers, or tanks which could really flesh out some planet bases and stations alike. The new block would act as a hover block allowing the object to hover above an object rather than slide across the ground giving constant collision detections.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This is an interesting idea. Might be hard to implement, but another planet/station movement block that would function similarly and might be easier to implement would be a hover block. Like... allows 2-axis movement along a plane defined by a bordering gravity surface and 3rd-axis movement within 2-3 blocks of the primary 2-axis plane (for going up/down terracing and steps). Wheels, hovers - I'd be happy with either. They sound fun!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    More likely hover than wheels purely from a practical standpoint of round wheels in a cube-based game.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was thinking over from a more practical standpoint, perhaps the Vehicle could only be 1-2 meters off the ground?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    More likely hover than wheels purely from a practical standpoint of round wheels in a cube-based game.
    Yea wheel was the only word I could come up with, probably not the best terminology that I could have used for a cube based game :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about kind of like a tank tread, the block dosent have to spin but it must be attached to the ground in some way for the craft to move.

Reactions: Andem

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    What about kind of like a tank tread, the block dosent have to spin but it must be attached to the ground in some way for the craft to move.
    Makes slopes more difficult and constant collision detection.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No :( How am I gonna build my space Ferrari?
    Do you know Luke-Skywalker's race vehicle? Just replace the wheels with hover-blocks. There should be no reason it's impossible just because of no wheels.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Do you know Luke-Skywalker's race vehicle? Just replace the wheels with hover-blocks. There should be no reason it's impossible just because of no wheels.
    I kind of prefer the good old (5000 year old) wheels. But oh well I hope I can set it to hover close enough to the ground so that it looks like the car's wheels are touching it.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Yeah I guess. Problem is I don't think you can power a hovercraft with a V12
    Use the V12 to turn a fan to move the hovercraft just like they do with real life... hovercraft.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the whales and the spiders already proved that the game engine CAN handle polygonal models. So, at least you can make it LOOK like a wheel.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    I can see both sides of the Ferrari debate how ever if its a SPACE Ferrari why would it have wheels? I would think a space Ferrari would have better controll and speed. BTW my V12 runs on anti-mater.

Wheels how ever would be great for landing gear.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the whales and the spiders already proved that the game engine CAN handle polygonal models. So, at least you can make it LOOK like a wheel.
    I think he meant spinning wheel like objects in a voxel based game. Not that it couldn't be done its more or less that it wouldn't fit in this type of game.