Levels of thrusters, shield dispursers, cannons, ect.

Reaction score
    It is very hard for me to fit evreything i need into my ship that i need to survive deep space. I think that there should be levels of shielding, cannons, thrusters, and other stuff so there can be more space for walkways or rooms in ships.

Reaction score
    You should have to use 9x (and some other stuff) of the lesser type, and recieve an item that\'s only 6x more powerful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am against the idea of levels - in fact you can make a decent ship with plenty of space, depending on how you position and combine modules. Superiority of design over grinding levels of materials is one of the really nice features of the game. For me, it would be a shame if it\'d be pushed back.

Reaction score
    @ The visitor above me
    I believe he is correct. Superior designing is definitely something that makes a game more interesting and worth the effort put in, to know that your design kicks the *** out of any one elses design.

However I still think having levels of equipment is a good idea, it just needs to be balanced more than simply grinding away at resources, such as more difficult manufacturing or rules to limit them.

Maybe rather than levels, different purposes of similar modules. Such as shields that are (1) Strong with a slow recharge, (2) Weak with a fast recharge (3) Balanced

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel that having different modular purposes would serve to make some very interesting designs. Building a shielding block out of an intricate array of Large Capacity /w slow recharge and Low Capacity /w fast recharge could be very interesting.

If all parts worked in that manner, it would mean that there\'s more to building just squares of things - much like the current way an efficient power setup works. I mean, imagine having to do that with everything in order to get the best from your ship, from power supply to weapon arrays and even shielding.

I\'m definitely on board with that concept!

P.S. Possibly make it so that crafting a Shield unit the same as you currently do would yield a random of the X modular differences, giving crafting a little more sway with what you\'re making. I feel this might be useful purely because of how abundant most resources are, especially after a certain point. Having a varied crafting system where you could get something you don\'t particularly need would be a good resource sink. On top of that for ADDED cost you could always produce an item with the exact modular stats you\'re looking for, if you\'re willing to pay that cost - of course.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the support :)
    Also I already currently use the games existing systems to create power sources as efficiently as possible in the smallest amount of space (but not necessarily the smallest number of blocks). A friend and I built a \'death star\' like core (just a ship core surrounded by power generators, power tanks and shielding, in a spherical design) and I had great fun just going through what he had made as a single group of generators into multiple smaller groups which ended up boosting our energy generation by 30k within approximately a 20 block space I believe, and we probably halved the number of generators as well :)

In that respect, whether these similar purpose modules grouped together or not would be an interesting topic

However I\'m not 100% sure on the randomness... maybe it\'s like that at first but then with research or after so many creations of a specific type you become more capable as a manufacturer and can specify (with a cheaper cost or none that particular type). I could just see that becoming a topic of aggression, people not getting what they wanted often enough and complaining about the extra cost.