Lets Be Honest: Docked Power Generators

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Waitaminute ... so linked systems is worse than multiple collision detections occurring constantly? Howzat work now?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    To keep this from getting abused it should require an empty core and maybe the same name as the entity it got undocked from (like the different entities and turrets are saved right now anyways).
    Empty Core Required = means we are back to the issue of most people not using a failsafe on their reactors.
    Same Name = would only cause issues for ships build by hand instead of spawned by blueprint or constructed by a shipyard.

I believe only triggering this when a either the raildocker, the rail its docked to, or both get destroyed, is enought to prevent most easy abuses, for anything further a simple check to see what blocks the entity is made out of could limit this to mostly only docked reactors.

Another way would be a kind of self destruct that can be triggered by logic, that actually kills the stupid core instantly, but that would requiere people to actually use it too.

Waitaminute ... so linked systems is worse than multiple collision detections occurring constantly? Howzat work now?
    I dunno were you got the "worse" part, but linking very high amounts of blocks causes some issues too, so i believe Schine will only use it for low block count uses, logic and more complex modules like weapons and support systems.
    Change Hull color by linking to a colored lights <- might explain it a bit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok, got the linking thing.

So maybe look at it from an entirely different direction.

Treat power reactors something like armor for building purposes.

Advanced Factory: Basic reactor + ingot type 1 + ingot type 2 = Advanced Reactor

Advanced Reactor provides XXX e/sec, has no links, bonuses for layouts and so on, just power XXX no matter where or how its placed.

If XXX is less than a decent layout there won't be a reason to use it until you hit the soft cap, making XXX more than what you get from basic reactors after hitting cap would make it desirable for those hitting cap.

Single block added to game.

Just an idea

Reactions: Panpiper
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    If XXX is less than a decent layout there won't be a reason to use it until you hit the soft cap, making XXX more than what you get from basic reactors after hitting cap would make it desirable for those hitting cap.
    60EPS is what I get from my docked reactors. If these 'advanced reactors' gave the same, I would drop the reactors in a heartbeat and replace them with these blocks.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    60EPS is what I get from my docked reactors. If these 'advanced reactors' gave the same, I would drop the reactors in a heartbeat and replace them with these blocks.
    Yeah this. The thing is, docked reactors are one of the few actual useful machines that players get to build and that part of it is really fun. It's a shame they cause so much lag. It reminds me of plank powered tree reactors in Tekkit. By far the most accessible, safe, renewable, non-destructive, generous and scalable power system there is. But it will lag the server too hell and back so it's not really liked in multi-player.