Change Hull color by linking to a colored lights

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Instead of having how many different color hull and armor blocks. I think it would give us more color options for hull and armor blocks if they could be linked to lights of that color. Just like linking weapon systems to colored lights is now.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It will have a bad effect on the smbpl and ent files, as those are (for the most part) not compressed, and contain the location of all the linked blocks(with each coordinate being 4 bytes long IIRC, so each linked block takes up 12 bytes[or 8, if 21 bits per coordinate are used, I'm not sure which of both])
    While the idea is definetly nice, considering the amount of hull blocks used, compared to the amount of weapon-computers used, the impact on database-size will be clear.
    The system may be overhauled in the future though.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There would so many issues with old ships imported to new game versions. Also if connections brake you'll end up with an utter mess.

lights are bad idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I don't think this should happen. Just imagining a titan with changing colored armor my laptop blew up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would be a mess... However, it would be cool to be able to change the color of a light through logic, in a similar way rails can change direction. Although this would only make sense for an expensive mulit-color. A cheaper red/green/black light would be cool, followed by an expensive version that requires all of the crystals needed for all of the lights.

Reactions: Parameter
    Reaction score
    Are ship-specific block textures possible? I have no idea, but I think it'd be easier on the game than this.