Votes: 3 27.3%
    • Should never have been thought.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Functional:
    Short: Slave blocks to weapon factories to apply affects to astronaut weapons

Long: Rather than using a voxel system to actually "build" your weapons, I propose that you could have a "Weapon Factory" that you set to a template weapon, e.g Pistol, Rifle, Explosives Launcher etc. then you slave other systems to it as you see fit. The slaves determine the characteristics of the weapon. For example, if you slaved missiles to a rifle, it would turn it into a shotgun-like weapon. Slaving damage beams to the rifle gives you a sniper rifle. Slaving cannons to a pistol gives you an automatic pistol/small smg. You could slave a pulse to your pistol make a high power pistol. Slaving would also get you the same sorts of downsides as you would with a normal weapons system: longer reload or using more energy/rounds.

Last edited:
    Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    This sounds vastly more complicated and much less customizable on the fly. Currently all of my cannons have at least 2 if not 3 things I can swap between for stop, pull, and overdrive depending on what I need right that second. Being stuck with one manufactured would take up way more hotbar buttons because I would them have to produce 3 different weapons systems for each thing instead of a quick change over...

Reaction score
    Ok.. That makes more sense, guess I shoulda picked up on that with "rifles" and "pistols" but couldn't they just accomplish the same thing in a MUCH less complicated way by adding an smg and a shotgun astronaut weapon? And just use the different blocks when crafting?

Basic factory

Everything starts with a pistol at 5 composite
    1 cannon barrel

Standard factory

rifle
    1 pistol
    5 composite
    1 beam
    (giving the cannon/beam effect)

Smg
    1 pistol
    5 composite
    1 cannon
    (Giving the cannon/cannon effect)

Advance factory

Shotgun
    1 rifle
    5 composite
    1 missile
    (Giving the cannon/missile effect)

Rocket launcher
    1 rifle
    5 composite
    1 explosive effect
    (Damages multiple blocks but not in a spread)

Reactions: alterintel

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Well, the system you proclaim seems to much grinding for my own tastes, for automation, lots of factories and weapons would ahve to be used in order for this to work. I say good idea, needs work though. perhaps a different way of creating the pistols that are less grinding to get.

Reaction score
    The pistols are really easy to come by... 1 cannon and 5 composite is about as cheap as hull blocks it just has a specific resource you would have to mine..

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I was thinking that you could use ratios so you would have something like this:
    Pistol + Cannon
    2 cannon = semi auto pistol
    5 cannon = smg

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm much more interested in custom appearances than in custom performance.