Largest ship/project

Reaction score
    I have recently been looking into building a permanent temporary base, and was wondering what the largest ship was.
    My (theoretical) ship has a length of 1331, width of 1331, and a height of 1331 (Technically the length width and height of 1332, but meh). One side of the cube would have an area (and building space) of 1771561 blocks. It would have an interior like that of a planet (and a fake sun). I'm not going to say all of the details, but I was wondering if this would be the biggest ship/project.
    That led me to wonder what the biggest ship/project that you have ever seen is.
    Another one is what is the biggest ship/project you have ever personally worked on?

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    I hope you have a good computer if you're going for that size.

also, the 500m, 83m, 75m ship that i am curetly working on, but there is a 1.23KM(?) somewhere on the forums.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So the big ship you're making is a cross between a borg cube and a mobile dyson sphere?

I've seen bigger, actually. There are some scale builds of Atlantis from Stargate Atlantis floating around out there. I think I recall seeing where somebody had at least started on a Super Star Destroyer (those things are something like 20km long).

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My gate (1,2km tall, maybe larger cant remember) and keptick 's titan Charon (also somewhere around the 1,2km mark if not larger)

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    (By dimensions/Projected size)
    Murakumo, 1.4km L 650ish H 400ish W
    Hasn't been touched in around a year

A current warpgate & titan build are around 2.2mil mass & 1.8 mil mass respectively but I've started keeping max dimensions under 740m for stability reasons.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Built through the core of an r50 planet from each plate to re-make the plates from hull on the opposite side of the core giving an internal volume with 'natural' gravity. Encompassed the whole atmosphere which produced the lighting inside. StarMade did not like.

I think the plates were only about 200 on a side (30^3 build area I think). Was supposed to be a large internal planet surface using less blocks then a much smaller planet.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I look at your ships and want to cry... My "baby" capital is a paltry 350 meters long by about 175-200 meters wide...
    1501602_10203593505810778_987102751208773986_o.jpg

Is there NO love for the little guys?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461355621,1461354347][/DOUBLEPOST]SkylordLuke,

You were the primary inspiration for my above build. I typically build ships between 80-120 meters in length but when I saw your video Prometheus vs Brooklyn, I realized it was time to step up my game.

Also the soundtrack "the day the world collapsed" by Posthouse Toumi goes on permanent repeat in my head whenever I get within visual range of a capital ship. Thanks for that... o_O

Reaction score
    Well, my largest complete ship to-date is a 140 meter long frigate....depending on how you class vessels. It's a Star Wars recreation, so I call it a frigate.

Working on a 250-ish cruiser with hangar capability. Basically, the do-it-all vessel----a modern heavy cruiser, if you will. Long range, brawling, carrier, patrol, you name it, it can do it a little bit.

Looks pretty nice so far, too.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    My currently largest finished ship is an about 830m long carrier for at least 2200 7x7x7 drones. It was built pre-rails, so have fun with the green boxes of the old system.
    I never filled it with drones, and I am sure using it anywhere would bring the server to its knees.

I was working on a at least 4km long ship, but I abandoned the project even before the mere hull-shape was done, so no images available.

Reaction score
    When you would launch 2200 drones into a fight:

"Well, they're winning anyway....and I've got all these drones in the bays.....*Shrug* Why not?"
    And then......Armageddon.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wait...
    My currently largest finished ship is an about 830m long carrier for at least 2200 7x7x7 drones. It was built pre-rails, so have fun with the green boxes of the old system.
    I never filled it with drones, and I am sure using it anywhere would bring the server to its knees.

I was working on a at least 4km long ship, but I abandoned the project even before the mere hull-shape was done, so no images available.
    Are those classic docks? WHY?!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh, for some reason I interpreted your post as being for a new project.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Currently, the largest ship I've gotten anywhere near completion is my Immobilizer 418 cruiser, at 600 meters. 1:1 scale replica.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    My largest ship is about 480 meters long and about 360 meters wide. I've refit it multiple times and never finished it.

I do have a larger station but its mainly empty and I haven't even fleshed out the full shape yet.