Land Vehicles

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can use stop effects to cancel out gravity.
    I did replace a number of the thrusters on my hover tank and give it anti gravity, I'm still not convinced it was worth it. It falls slower now but I don't think I get any benefit over the loss of thrusters.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would think a vehicle core that hovers a couple meters above the terrain would be fairly easy to implement. It could be used with existing thrusters to move about and be able to hop 3 or 4 meters.

It reminds me of the old PC game BATTLEZONE, where you drive hover tanks around on the moon and blast each others bases.
    i like your idea immensely for it would make it capable to drive said vehicle into a drop ship or landing craft and be able to bring it back up to the main ship.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I think it would be cool making a drop ship with land vehicles in it then fly over a planet and have the cars drop out onto an enemy base fnf7 style and maybe the ability to make the vehicles like you make the ships with only a core to start with

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think it would be cool making a drop ship with land vehicles in it then fly over a planet and have the cars drop out onto an enemy base fnf7 style and maybe the ability to make the vehicles like you make the ships with only a core to start with
    interesting idea, although airdrops would be limited to say 10m off the surface or any higher would damage the vehicle.

Reaction score
    interesting idea, although airdrops would be limited to say 10m off the surface or any higher would damage the vehicle.
    That's aa good point but instead of all vehicles being limited to the same height maybe there would be some way to set it up that if you have basic hull blocks then you are limited to like 20 metres but if you have advanced then you are limited to like 100 metres I think there should be a way to set something like that up

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    only reason i say that is because the fundamentals of a airdrop if you watch a video of one on youtube is the fact how violent the impact can be at low altitudes while at speed but in SM we can hover and drop but either way yeah we do need a height limiter to make it more of a realism kind of thing. Plus back to my original idea of a mining vehicles would be a possibility at that point.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    only reason i say that is because the fundamentals of a airdrop if you watch a video of one on youtube is the fact how violent the impact can be at low altitudes while at speed but in SM we can hover and drop but either way yeah we do need a height limiter to make it more of a realism kind of thing. Plus back to my original idea of a mining vehicles would be a possibility at that point.
    The video bellow is a great example of what a real rapid air deployment is like even though its from a game.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    thadius got it right, airdrops are done like that but usually are so rough that people cannot be in the vehicle when its dropped because the occupant would be killed on impact due to the forces

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    What went wrong with that last one???

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yeah it's from a time before HD. Don't make it full screen and you can see it fine.
    There's a difference between non-HD and this, it's just very very very poor digital video quality tbh. Considering that there's black and white videos in there (meaning tapes) the original quality was probably much higher. Making it smaller only makes it harder to see :/

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    well this is turning out to be a interesting suggestion thread lol.