lag

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the us server lags like hell for me, i cant stand to play on it, anyone got any ideas?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    What ping do you have, and where do you live? The program sometimes still has performance issues, which can also cause lag. Does the lag happen also when there are few people on? Does it also happen when the server has been restarted?

Reaction score
    During Calbiri\'s combat trials on his own server we couldn\'t have more than about 20 missiles fired at once or the entire server became a slideshow.
    We usually had about 5-8 people on during the mass missile salvos.
    Due to the lag, a bunch of us in the faster smaller ships would end up 1-4 sectors away once the missiles finally detonated.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    hmm there seems to be a synch issue (same lag that happens when someone joins sometimes). I have yet to figure out what (or better \'wehere\') is causing it. I can\'t reproduce the error locally.
    For missiles there might actually be some client sided lags, which I also spottet thanks to the combat trials. The draw managers for missiles, thrusters, and shields seemed to cause seconds of freezing. I can\'t say for sure that that was causing that.
    I need some kind of test setup where I can reproduce the lags.

Reaction score
    id be glad to help with any test setup, i should also point out that on the server running the combat trials, i didnt get noticed the same lag spikes from missiles as everyone else did, maybe thats because the info didint have to be streamed anywhere, or maybe just because the server has higher performance, but i never know what info might help

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    was it the red \"server does not answer\" note?

Reaction score
    im not sure what your asking... so ill assume your asking one of them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually had the \"server does not answer\" note pop up for a moment when i logged in...my FPS was down to like 3 and my ping was over 5000 but then after like 5 mins of pure lag it pretty much all went away...hope that helps

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I mean the way how you noticed lag spikes. was it rubberbanding, freezing, or the \"server doesn\'t answer (5sec)\" msg?

Reaction score
    All of the above. Rubberbanding, freezing, and lots of \"server doesn\'t answer 5sec\" red boxes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In my sigleplayer world I biult a massive ship and now it lags so bad I can barely get 2 FPS if anybody knows how to help please it is greatly apreciated.

Reaction score
    In singleplayer I keep having my FPS drop to around 2-10 and my pings go through the roof. i keep getting the red \"server does not answer\" 5 sec box. I\'m running on a 3 year old MAC with 3gHz i3 4 GB of RAM and a pretty good internet connecrtion. Is there any reason why a local singleplayer map would lag so much? Also, each time I restart the game it loads things funny. As in pieces of my ships etc are used as part of planets etc. Could it be my comp? Internet connection? Or should i just chuck it up to \"its in Alpha\"?