Ladders!

Reaction score
    I came on the forums just to suggest ladders and I am glad to see so many other people also think it would be a good idea. I think they would be simple enough to implement but they would add quite a bit.

Reaction score
    Ok then. Everybody is giving pi x length of a piece of string to the power of infinity support. Will new features only come in paid Beta or will we get some stuff in alpha?

Reaction score
    Well dam, how did nobody ever think of this before, but thought of WIND TUNNELS!?! Also, I literally just found that post about space pens on Failblog.

Reaction score
    YOU CLEARLY DON\'T CARE ABOUT LADDERS FFDFSFDFSFDFFS

Yes, I know new things like bugfixes are being added, I was wondering because alpha stages in videogames usually are just bugfixes (and for very good reason) I was wondering about blocks, items et cetera. Just so you know, I\'m not complaining, just wondering what the next big thing is gonna be! (I love this game, hyped for every and any additions to it!)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I support ladders if only because, for all the tech any spacefaring setting has, some variation on the ancient theme of \'branches of the tree at levels someone can climb\' is vital in a ship as a secondary transit method between decks.

If nothing else, elevator shafts should be required to have an emergency ladder for any would-be Gordon Freemen to escape our alien-infested Black Mesaship.

And lots of metal catwalks which are supported by thin cables over bottomless voids of nothing. Because BUDGET!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree. I\'ve used made aesthetic-only ladders, but functional ones would be way better.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think we\'ve all been getting space fever, which is why we\'re immediately going for the high-tech concept options before considering the low tech practical options that would be more sensible in the gravity-shifting environment of a spaceship. XD

Also I like the idea of ladders in spaceships. Brings a bit of scale to it, having us be able to indulge our primate instincts while on a ship that traverses the expanses between stars.

Reaction score
    hmm besides my plus one comment.... i just had a brain fart....

anyone in for *drumroll*

Space Ladders !?!

like a space elevator but just a ladder :D

i know, silly me. but i really like the idea of just a simple ladder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I support ladders, as they are essential to making proper vertical Jefferies tubes.

Reaction score
    Made a new post almost a month ago. With the same idea.

http://star-made.org/content/ladde

If this many people like it, this needs to be kept going.

Reaction score
    I\'m not a big programmer, but I don\'t think getting plex lifters to work on ships is much harder than getting ladders to, since they pretty much do the same thing. Plex lifters will do the job just fine, ladders are unnecessary.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    plex lifters take up a large amount of space, if ladders are like they are in Minecraft then they will take up very little space as well as having control over it instead of just \"go up\"

Reaction score
    They do not require any more space than ladders and in some situations could take up less.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Although I do think that saying \'\'ladders take up less space\'\' on a spaceship is like saying \'\'I need to buy smaller furniture for my TARDIS\'\'.

Still, ladders would look good in hangars, tight crew quarters and engine rooms. Not that I bother with any of those as there isn\'t much point for now ^^ Maybe if I had a ladder, I would...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Last time I checked, Plexlifters need a 3x3 area, with the plexlifter block in the center, yes? Also, the minimum amount of space needed for a ladder is 1x2 (one space for the ladder, and one for empty space.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ladders would be awesome!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I totally support this. PlexLifters are far too slow to be practical over a short distance