Ladders!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    As we all know, we can't place plexlifters on our ships, meaning that ships with multiple decks require grav units at the tops and bottoms of the shafts. This is of course a simple solution, but what if the ship is moving? As soon as you turn off the gravity, you're sent flying down the corridor and unable to do anything. Yeah, we can wait for Schema to implement plex lifters onto ships, and people were suggesting grav repulsors and wind tunnels. I come to you with a simpler solution.

Ladders.

Ladders, people. The simplest form of scaling height without the use of stairs. Imagine the applications of implementing ladders into Starmade. Traverse decks, build maintence hatches, create easy ways of accessing rooms and even turrets!

Reaction score
    This has been suggested before but not really hyped for whatever reason. I hope this post stays up for a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Thanks for the support!

PlexLifters, grav repulsors, and wind tunnels are for people who would spend millions on a pen that writes in space!

Ladders are for the people who take pencils!

Reaction score
    I really like the Idea of Repulsors and wind tunnels and teleporters and whatever,but you are right ladders are the most easiest simplest solution.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Never heard of stairs? Seriosuly all my multiple deck ships just use stairs. Ladders would still be a good addition though.

Reaction score
    I think that if a ship is too small for stairs, then it is a little weird to have a teleporter move you around four blocks. Yay, ladders!

Reaction score
    I think that if a ship is too small for stairs, then it is a little weird to have a teleporter move you around four blocks. Yay, ladders!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Pretty sure I mentioned stairs.

Ladders take up less space which means more space for other things!

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes trying to add ways to get from different decks are rather complicated, and are usualy only seen on bigger ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1 - simple ideas are the best, and its really easy to implement i think.

What links with this idea it would be good for char to crouch (with ctrl for example) so one block tunnels would be useful then.

Reaction score
    Can I give 4000 support? I just did. PlexLifters on ships would be nice too, they need work first (such as *GASP* a down function...) but I see no feasable reason to not have them. What are the poor fatties on my ship going to do? Climb ladders, take stairs? Heck no.

So yeah, I\'d personally wait until Beta before expecting new additions. Better pony up some cash for the full version.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love this idea, and just wanted to add +1 to that other guys post.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Plus infinite support

This would also be a great alternative for building on planets where plex lifters bug out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That I had to use imaginary numbers. Yes I know that\'s not what they\'re for. I think...Whatever.

Reaction score
    Since everyone calls insane support numbers I desire my number of Support to be an Gogolplex (100^100^100)

@Toyota supra: If you got fatties on your ship lower the gravity or send them to a fitness studio