6 currently. Would 24 be required?
    Because your textures are so beautiful they can all be used as decoration

speaking of which, antenna's have 0 roation, let alone 6 :P

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    6 currently. Would 24 be required?
    I think all single faced computers should have all 24 possible orientations. Sometimes you put them into floors or ceilings and they more often then not will not face the way you want. Also up may be up for the ship but I may use alternative gravity to make up a different direction.

I checked out the dev build to see the new textures first hand and I am really quite pleased. Previously I could never see myself using green basic hull and now it looks great! Basic blue looks good where I've already used it and where I've wanted to before but didn't because it was always too drab. The basic blue does still appear to be not as bright when compared to the other basic hull variants but that's minor.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Teal looks great.
    I still want pink hull though

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So here's something really off topic, a bit of lazy Sunday fun.

You may of seen Crusades recent thread about using Reshade with Starmade to allow 3rd party shader effects. Well, i had to give this a go and create my own profile. It looked way too fun not to!

I didn't want to go overboard, just some colour grading and old cinema feelings (with a few features such as FXAA ^^ )

For any of you interested in this side of things, i'd recommend you check it out and mess around with it, it's great fun.

Disclaimer : Incase you didn't read the words "Reshade" "3rd Party" and "fun", this is not indicative of what is, or will be in the game. :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Disclaimer : Incase you didn't read the words "Reshade" "3rd Party" and "fun", this is not indicative of what is, or will be in the game. :)
    Why not, though? I see no reason why we can't throw in a few optional postprocessing effects...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    ...It just stops the thread snowball into "why u no?!". :D
    Oh wait, no it doesn't... i should of known better.

Why not, though?
    Development time. Work vs yield. Most of our playerbase would need to turn off the 10 - 15 resource heavy shader effects.

By the way, nothing is stopping you from getting the exact same effects in Starmade as shown, right now. The tool is there, free to use and compatible. Crusade even wrote a little guide. :)

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I never said it has to be right now, or even soon. After release, perhaps. Just a cool extra to toss in sometime. However, speaking of shaders, I'd say we could use a new beam shader sooner than later :P

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    does anyone else think that the undeathanator could do with an update to its texture? because at the moment it looks like an inactive red light

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    does anyone else think that the undeathanator could do with an update to its texture? because at the moment it looks like an inactive red light
    No, I think it should be turned into a bed, but I doubt that will happen.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks for the cyan hull man, really appreciate it. If I build anything good looking with it I can post it here if you want.

Reactions: Blodge and kupu

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea, undeathinator needs a new texture. I'll try find some time for that in the next couple of weeks.

It has been concepted a few times, but potential mechanic changes or visual themes have changed over the past few months. It's not forgotten, don't worry. :)

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So here's something really off topic, a bit of lazy Sunday fun.

You may of seen Crusades recent thread about using Reshade with Starmade to allow 3rd party shader effects. Well, i had to give this a go and create my own profile. It looked way too fun not to!

I didn't want to go overboard, just some colour grading and old cinema feelings (with a few features such as FXAA ^^ )

For any of you interested in this side of things, i'd recommend you check it out and mess around with it, it's great fun.

But is it possible to consider replacing opengl with this in the future? or an option for people to choose? I mean maybe some ways to activate ReShade in a easier way, without messing around with replacement files.