Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    on the other hand, power caps have always served as a really nice ambient light source in low budget ships, which is sort of a QOL issue.
    I feel personally and deeply offended over having my ships called "low-budget" ; )

But seriously, if you're indeed having issues with animated textures hitting your frame rate, you probably have a problem with your graphics setup.
    However an option to disable texture animation wouldn't hurt, as I can imagine how someone might not like the visual effect, regardless of FPS.

EDIT: On the other hand, that could probably be solved with a custom block config? Which of course would be much more demanding to set up properly than a simple 'yes/no' checkbox.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I don't seem to get problems with animated block animations dropping frames when I make HUGE cubes of them in frigates, and I play on a laptop... :confused: It is a pretty high-end laptop though.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    now power capacitors are a different beast because they do cause lighting updates.
    "they have no impact, the chunk refresh also takes equally long with or without light" - Schema.

Apparently lit blocks should not be causing an FPS drop. I enquired some time back as i was considering a new light emitting block.
    Surprising, right?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441309495,1441309390][/DOUBLEPOST]
    EDIT: On the other hand, that could probably be solved with a custom block config? Which of course would be much more demanding to set up properly than a simple 'yes/no' checkbox.
    Yes, it absolutely could. As simple as finding the values <animation>true</animation> and setting them to false.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Will the damage texture get an emmisive so that we can have the orange glow come back and actually glow? :D

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    kupu Are connected textures or textures that when togheter make a bigger pattern possible in a game like starmade? just wondering

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    kupu Are connected textures or textures that when togheter make a bigger pattern possible in a game like starmade? just wondering
    Possible? Yes.

Worth it? Not really, you can barely see textures unless your face is buried in the block

Reaction score
    Possible? Yes.

Worth it? Not really, you can barely see textures unless your face is buried in the block
    Definitely worth it at least for display modules. Would I love to see that. A lot would need to be changed for that though.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would love connected textures for engines, maybe even decorative blocks too.
    It would also give us a step towards having better looking weapons and that projectile size scaling.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would love connected textures for engines, maybe even decorative blocks too.
    It would also give us a step towards having better looking weapons and that projectile size scaling.
    glass too , people use it to represent realistic cockpits and you see edges on the glass, it annoys the view, also advanced armor looks a lot like cubes stacked on each other even from far (speaking of allot of those blocks togheter)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    glass too , people use it to represent realistic cockpits and you see edges on the glass, it annoys the view, also advanced armor looks a lot like cubes stacked on each other even from far (speaking of allot of those blocks togheter)
    Agreed, advanced armour could use something to make it a bit prettier when it is in large groups.
    Look in the background to the right and ignore the Taxi
    And I also agree with the glass, or crystal armour as it's called, it kinda ruins RP ships if you want to force players to watch through the "glass" in a cockpit. (Look at the spoiler, this time ignore the station)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Will the damage texture get an emmisive so that we can have the orange glow come back and actually glow? :D
    Great idea, but currently impossible with how our emissives are stored (on the alpha channel). Something to look into i think.

Yea, possible. Discussed too. It is desired, but low priority and untested.

Possible? Yes.

Isn't that the exact reason why we would put them in? It allows the patterns and detailing to scale beyond a cubic meter that currently requires face burying. :)

Reactions: Valck

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Perfect for those ships that prefer a darker tone.