Kingofanime's Ships

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've been playing around with the idea of a ship that looks like an angry housefly.

bug 2.jpg
    bug 1.jpg
    Would this be too weird for the fleet contest? It would be maybe 2 or 3 tiny bug ships. Nothing big, just some small novelty ships. Maybe they should look more spaceship like? Lexx went full bug with their ships.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm thinking of making a cargo beetle and salvage mosquito later. But keeping them all small. And then if I ever get to expand the fleet I will make a space station that looks hive-like, and is actually quite big and well armed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My Cargo Bug ship shell.

cargo bug 1.jpg

cargo bug 2.jpg

I plan on making all the bug ships high speed with bare minimum shields and jump drives. I might add a weak cannon to all the ships, so they can all participate when fighting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is my support bug. It's main feature is its shield supply computer and high shield recharge. I'm rather surprised at how little shield supply modules I needed for it. I spent a bunch of time testing the shield supply computer, and I felt like 4 shield supply modules was enough for it's size (4800 shield transfer per shot)

support bug 1.jpg

support bug 2.jpg

I currently have 4 ships (attack bug, cargo bug, salvage bug, support bug), but I'm not sure what I should build for my 5th ship. I currently have 2 ideas... a small scout bug (scanners, jump drive) or a large queen bug ship with a crown on it's head.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Maybe a sort of carrier bug?
    Hmmm.... A carrier bug would be nice. It would make them feel more swarm like. I was originally thinking of making my queen bug kind of long and slender like a giant wasp. But if I had a fatter design, I could fit some honeycomb shaped docking holes in it. Fortunately all 4 of my bug ships already have standardized rail docking on their butts. I like the thought of their heads sticking out of honeycomb hanger's when docked.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmmm.... A carrier bug would be nice. It would make them feel more swarm like. I was originally thinking of making my queen bug kind of long and slender like a giant wasp. But if I had a fatter design, I could fit some honeycomb shaped docking holes in it. Fortunately all 4 of my bug ships already have standardized rail docking on their butts. I like the thought of their heads sticking out of honeycomb hanger's when docked.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. That would be ultimately funny AND epic

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Pretty much what I was thinking. That would be ultimately funny AND epic
    I like the idea of honeycombs, but the more I think about it, I feel like I want to avoid having any complicated carrier ship launching logic. I would do it for my own personal ship, but I'm not sure how smart the AI is ever gonna be. I have a simpler idea for docking. Construction begins....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have made much progress on my 5th ship, the exterior is almost done. The bridge will be in the head. I should be able to fit belly docks for at least 3 small bug ships. There will be 2 turrets on each side. Total length is 137m long.

I like to think of this one as the mother bug ship or queen bug ship. It's meant to be like a rare flagship.

mother bug.jpg

Building the curved shape for this thing, hurt my brain.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I have an Idea for you, but it will be a hell of a lot of work.

You could make folding wings covering a hanger, so that when the wings fold out the smaller bug ships can fly out.

Lots of work but it would look cool!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have an Idea for you, but it will be a hell of a lot of work.

You could make folding wings covering a hanger, so that when the wings fold out the smaller bug ships can fly out.

Lots of work but it would look cool!
    That sounds cool, but I'll leave the folding moving ship parts for someone else. I did put 2 hook-like things on the bottom of this ship though. So 2 small ships can come and go as they please. It's like a mom carrying her babies.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    That sounds cool, but I'll leave the folding moving ship parts for someone else. I did put 2 hook-like things on the bottom of this ship though. So 2 small ships can come and go as they please. It's like a mom carrying her babies.
    If you send me a .sment I'll do it for you if you like. I'm not too bad with rails.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If you send me a .sment I'll do it for you if you like. I'm not too bad with rails.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm keeping my fleets simple.

Also, I might as well post an update. I just finished laying out most of my interior rooms. It currently has...
    Bridge
    Engineering/Core Room
    Captain's Quarters
    Transporter Room
    Medical Bay
    Plant/Crop Room
    Conference Room
    Brig with 2 prison cells
    Cafeteria
    Cargo Bay

And I estimate that I might be able to fit 24 individual crew quarter rooms in the tail.

Pictures of the bridge. You can see where the captain's chair will be.

Interior Pictures of my tube hallways, and the future medical bay.

Reactions: Rumcajz