Kickstarter?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Has any thought been given to making a kickstarter for this? Your alpha is far more complete than most of what I've seen on their site, and the fact that for now it's free to try should help hook a lot of people.

Theres plenty of gorgeous ships people have made that can be used in screenshots (4chan on the /vg board, someone has one that is almost a sector wide and is insanely detailed called the Apocalypse) as well. What with the current minecraft craze as well you could pick up a lot of support.

I'm just truly impressed on how much work has been done on this game.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I think that money isn\'t the only thing that kickstarter is capable of giving developers. A ton of the \'indie\' games that followed in Minecraft\'s wake made good use of kickstarters and, in turn, brought the \'indie\' players to kickstarter. Having a Starmade kickstarter would not only bring in some money for more Schema-coffee, but would also put Starmade in a position to be viewed by a large amount of people, many of them within the demographic that Starmade appeals to most!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i do believe kickstarter is to get a game published... not to show it off... tho that is apart of the \"process\" on kickstarter.... or raise the funds to do the game... what i believe starmade needs is to get on steam & a big youtubers channel like seananners or yogscast... or even inthelittlewood...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I will not use kickstarter as a way to promote. If I use it, it\'s going to be in a similar way FTL did: to help polish the game.

Reaction score
    A lot of people have been joining the chat, and saying that they say their favorite youtuber was playing it, and they wanted to check it out. The game needs more of this, and since schema has made his intentions clear, we have to find another way to accomplish this. For great justice, of course.