Keep Orientation when using Gravity Blocks

Reaction score
    This is a minor suggestion that would have pretty significant gameplay/ease-of-life benefits. The title really says it all: when you use a gravity block, your camera angle shouldn't move (that is, your character might rotate about, but your face should be pointing in the same direction). This is especially important now that we can use area control logic blocks and gravity blocks to create seamless gravity activation when you enter/exit a door. It is very jarring that you suddenly change direction, and it can also be problematic: you end up walking the wrong way, sometimes right back into the area detection logic blocks.

With this simple change, automatic gravity would be easy, seamless, and fun.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But then I can not use area triggers with remote-circuit on/off to activate my "maze" defence-system from my bridge any-more :(

If the camera changes angle, it should be a smooth change to tell you how it circled.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We should keep facing the same way (if I'm facing towards the front of a ship, I'll keep facing in that direction) but we should spin around so our feet are always on the floor.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So if you were horizontally aligned with a ship and used an upwards/downwards facing gravity module, would your head be 90' sideways whilst your body is standing "upright"?