Just a couple more display module and sensor features.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think that there should be a way for display blocks to copy the text a tag is saying rather than the tag itself. For example, if the ship is at full health instead of copying the [structureHp] tag it would copy the exact value of 100.0. It would allow to read various data from the ship to get a logic signal at the precise value. It would also help a WHOLE LOT if it was possible to read structure HP and armor HP. That way we can have red alert come up when the ship is at low HP.

That's it, really, I'm just saying that these features would help me a whole lot on some projects I'm working on right now.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A few people have requested this. I hope it happens. It would make my sector logging and potentially chain jumping a lot simplified, where you could check the sector matches your jump. Or perhaps directs the jump drive.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A few people have requested this. I hope it happens. It would make my sector logging and potentially chain jumping a lot simplified, where you could check the sector matches your jump. Or perhaps directs the jump drive.
    And I really need this for one of my current projects

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally, I would like a new block for this. The display block should be for display and should be further optimized for such. They should add a code block that can be titled with a name enclosed in square brackets. The name in square brackets can be outputted to other linked code blocks or displayed by linked display blocks. Perhaps you could set it to be global to the ship or local in scope.

Personally, I would LOVE a [sequence] command that converts info into binary at the rate of an input pulse. This could be combined with a beam that acts like that of a ship core. Two entities could trade info automatically! With such a setup any given ship could tell a cargo port where it's cargo boxed can be grabbed from, or where it needs to put the docking collar.
    [doublepost=1482983306,1482983239][/doublepost]I have a similar post. won't link it for OP's sake, but fyi, it's there.