Junkyard's for abandoned ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My suggestion is to add a few junkyards where you can go and get a ship that has been abandoned or to get parts for your own ship. There will be a few Junkyards scattered around. There could also be ships that were half destroyed etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that would be awesome, and with this idea, you can also make parts special for junkyards and different levels of junkyards, how higher the level, how better the parts

Reaction score
    instead of scrapping a derelice ship yourself, you could tow it to a junkyard and have it screpped for a fee

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If your ship is damaged you might just be able to find the right parts in the Junkyard

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t mind both junkyard fields and junkyard planets but with a few things kept in mind - first, everything is wrecks. I\'d like automatically 90% of really valuable blocks in such a place to be destroyed. Then, there should be also random percentage of loss of all other blocks per wreck. Lastly, I want hostile NPC scavengers patrolling the area.

Yes, it may make those junkyards often offer quite some risk for small reward. But it\'s the chance of great loot (a few expensive blocks here and there) that would make people consider scavenging as a job, if it should be considered as one at all. Currently we already have too many income sources that require little to no skill or effort. Safe fields full of processed materials just asking for quick harvest for millions of credits would be horrible as it\'d add to the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s quite fine there could be planets but it might be harder to program

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and damage would be very understandable plus it could be pirates patrolling

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    If the server takes some blueprints and first adds damage to some blocks, while removing a third of the block at random. It could easily spawn a Graveyard of Sorts.

The \"Junkyard\" could be spawned with varying amounts of \"block removal\" from the blueprints on the server. The random damage just makes it more convincing ;)