Jumpmodule and Pirateproblems

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ive got a question,
    wouldnt it be nice to have, for every system you could put in to your ship, another system that negates it?
    Ya now you can say, hey we have a negation for every effect.
    But...
    is there a system that can negate an enemys Jumpdrive?
    Example: Im a pirate and i wanna make some money robbing players tradingships.
    but almost every tradingship has a jumpdrivesystem build in.
    So how could this Pirate now neutralize the jumpsystem of the trader?
    Is there a way?
    Or is the pirateship always the looser and will die hungry and poor?
    Havent tried if the Jumpdrive gets unloaded when the pirate starts shooting at the Trader

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The jumpdrive looses all charge if it looses or gains a block. But you can still keep him from charging the jump by blocking his power. And if the drive is already charges, well, you're done anyways.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    IMO, there should be an effect module you can link to weapons that converts part of their damage into a (small) percentage of their jump charge being removed.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    EMP or Power Drain is your current best way to deal with this. If you drain all their power, they can't jump. Unfortunately, power drain beams are pretty useless unless you have a massive array and can hit an exposed power block as they work at 20% efficiency unless hitting a power block, and EMP is somewhat bugged at the moment.

I agree with @Ithirahad. There should be something thing that converts damage into negative jump drive time.

What if there was a Jump Drive Charge supply and drain beam? This would allow for draining enemy jump drives directly, as well as making things like "jump drive charging stations" on stations for people who need to get somewhere the gates don't lead but want to get there fast, without spending ages charging the built in drive, because, really, unless you have a ship dedicated to be a speed jumper, that takes ages.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What if there was a Jump Drive Charge supply and drain beam? This would allow for draining enemy jump drives directly, as well as making things like "jump drive charging stations" on stations for people who need to get somewhere the gates don't lead but want to get there fast, without spending ages charging the built in drive, because, really, unless you have a ship dedicated to be a speed jumper, that takes ages.
    That would be awesome! Something like space highways!
    Just place cannon of jump drive supply at station and billboard that shows coords of next station. :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    EMP or Power Drain is your current best way to deal with this. If you drain all their power, they can't jump. Unfortunately, power drain beams are pretty useless unless you have a massive array and can hit an exposed power block as they work at 20% efficiency unless hitting a power block, and EMP is somewhat bugged at the moment.

I agree with @Ithirahad. There should be something thing that converts damage into negative jump drive time.

My gosh, that's an amazing idea... One problem, though. On a station, where would the jump charge supply come from? You can't automate jump drive charging, sadly...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    My gosh, that's an amazing idea... One problem, though. On a station, where would the jump charge supply come from? You can't automate jump drive charging, sadly...
    Can you put weapons on a station and fire them with logic? If so, you could have detector blocks activate when a ship is in front of the beam to be charged. If not, you could just use a docked ship.

As for where the charge comes from, since I don't think it would be possible to trade jump charge or automate jump drive charging, it could just use power (at a more expensive rate than just directly using your own jump drive) to charge the target ship's jump drive.

Reactions: Ithirahad

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    And it would also add some nice game play mechanics:
    • Potential tolling of jump gates
    • Ambushes at jump gates
    • Supply lines and tactical destruction of those supply lines belonging to an enemy faction
    • Bringing players into more contact with each other if they share a network of jump gates and the ability to be incognito by avoiding use of the servers main jump ways

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Can you put weapons on a station and fire them with logic? If so, you could have detector blocks activate when a ship is in front of the beam to be charged. If not, you could just use a docked ship.

As for where the charge comes from, since I don't think it would be possible to trade jump charge or automate jump drive charging, it could just use power (at a more expensive rate than just directly using your own jump drive) to charge the target ship's jump drive.
    You can put weapons on a station. I was just talking about the jump charge thing... Trading it is far from impossible, seeing as it's just a number like any other, but obviously you can't automate jump charging so it can't be used on stations.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You can put weapons on a station. I was just talking about the jump charge thing... Trading it is far from impossible, seeing as it's just a number like any other, but obviously you can't automate jump charging so it can't be used on stations.
    Why not? Just have a player pay with a certain amount of items! He'd just have to drop them into a plex storage to activate the chargers (all hail plex storage logic).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why not? Just have a player pay with a certain amount of items! He'd just have to drop them into a plex storage to activate the chargers (all hail plex storage logic).
    Interesting concept... Perhaps some kind of FTL fuel could be put into jump charge beams as an alternative to using one's own jump charge, both to make support ships easier to build and use, and so that stations could have jump charge beams (since jump charge can't be automatically generated.)

Reaction score
    When you have a ship docked to a station/ship, and the docked ship starts charging its jump drive, it drains power as needed from the host ship.
    When I'm jumping around very small shuttles that can't power their own jump drives, I latch onto a station or larger vessel, charge up, and let go.
    That's kind of like a jump charging station right now, though I agree it's hardly glamorous.

Reaction score
    I think the OP means, something along the line of "a computer and/or module" that would theoretically "pull jump ships that are out of *phase* back to the real world and end their jump early" through "super science or gravity"

Which would be an awesome concept, just don't think the game code would allow for something like that.