Read by Council Jump effect should only occur on exterior blocks

Reaction score
    Galacticraft, Lecic, now uses a system that detects sealed vs. unsealed areas, doesn't use bubbles at all. Allows for any shape, so long as it is sealed. Doesn't affect performance at all. Given that SM is far more focused on space than Minecraft, I suspect that we'll get a system at least that good.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Galacticraft, Lecic, now uses a system that detects sealed vs. unsealed areas, doesn't use bubbles at all. Allows for any shape, so long as it is sealed. Doesn't affect performance at all. Given that SM is far more focused on space than Minecraft, I suspect that we'll get a system at least that good.
    like Galacticraft used to have.
    used to have.
    I am aware of how it NOW works. I was pointing out how it USED to work.

Minecraft is a completely different game that, despite VISUAL similarities and being made in Java, functions VERY DIFFERENTLY. What works in one will not necessarily work in the other, or may cause performance hits.

Reaction score
    Well, both are voxel based games. They share a basic functionality that is presumably at the core of how sealed space is detected.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, both are voxel based games.
    Minecraft is a completely different game that, despite VISUAL similarities and being made in Java, functions VERY DIFFERENTLY. What works in one will not necessarily work in the other, or may cause performance hits.
    Did you even read my fucking post?

Reaction score
    Did you read the rest of mine? They may very well function completely opposite, but space is still measured in cubic meters. Therefore, somewhere in the code, there is a system that defines these cubic meters, or similar volume.

Surely, it's not impossible to do the same thing with SM's cubic meters.

Reaction score
    Did you read the rest of mine? They may very well function completely opposite, but space is still measured in cubic meters. Therefore, somewhere in the code, there is a system that defines these cubic meters, or similar volume.

Surely, it's not impossible to do the same thing with SM's cubic meters.
    Starmade is a voxel game that uses different planes(made by shipcores) with cordinate grids to detect where blocks are. Minecraft is a single plane that uses a cordinate grid to remember where blocks are. Every entity from dirt to chickens have reletive xyz cordinates in the game. They both use cordiante planes to map their voxel cubes, but starmade has many planes that interact and can be escaped from.

Reaction score
    Yes, Nick, but we're talking about sealing these individual, well, not really planes, but areas. You're right about tilts, but this doesn't affect, in a relativistic sense, the single entity that needs to have a sealed atmosphere. In other, shorter words, each entity has its own set of tilts, but this set doesn't affect the seal of the entity. This system definitely lessens the possibilities of seals in airlocks between ships, or logic-based doors sealing things, but it does function well enough.

Reaction score
    Yes, Nick, but we're talking about sealing these individual, well, not really planes, but areas. You're right about tilts, but this doesn't affect, in a relativistic sense, the single entity that needs to have a sealed atmosphere. In other, shorter words, each entity has its own set of tilts, but this set doesn't affect the seal of the entity. This system definitely lessens the possibilities of seals in airlocks between ships, or logic-based doors sealing things, but it does function well enough.
    What if you used the shadow algorithm (with the sun) on all sides of the craft. Replace the shadow effect with the jumpdrive effect. This would work very badly with atmospheres, but if you use the shadow algorithm it would look pretty good from the outside and inside.

Reaction score
    I am aware of how it NOW works. I was pointing out how it USED to work.

Then again minecraft never supported such a system as Galacticraft's Sealed/Unsealed registration. It all had to be modded in so there's an arguement to be made there. But again we don't know the fine details of coding behind Starmade unlike with Minecraft or Space Engineers so there's our big limitations to seeing what is and isn't possible. Only the cat-man-overlord coder himself knows.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Then again minecraft never supported such a system as Galacticraft's Sealed/Unsealed registration. It all had to be modded in so there's an arguement to be made there. But again we don't know the fine details of coding behind Starmade unlike with Minecraft or Space Engineers so there's our big limitations to seeing what is and isn't possible. Only the cat-man-overlord coder himself knows.
    There are mods for Starmade ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There are mods for Starmade ?
    yes there are, but don't ask me as I don't really know how they work, but as you guys are arguing, am over sitting and thnking up ideas, so, why not use the aligned un aligned but if your lookating at the outside with the astronaut you will either be loking thru glass/crystal blocks, which in sm should function as glass infront of leaves which allows you to look thru the atmosphere of a planet clearly, so why not use that system to disguise the effect, because in the view of an aligned astronaut you should be inside of the ship if your passing by a pirate station, which will mostelikely be fixed in the future with shields extending a certain distance away from the ship and not directly on the ship, the space might kill the person, or we can just come up with an entirely new graphics of warping, such as in DS9 (startrek)
    https://youtu.be/PVV3IesVoOY
    use this animation as the warp effect, and it would look very nicely indeed