JOIN STARJITA!

Reaction score

Technicals:
    - Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 processor (four physical 3.5ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.9ghz)
    - 32 GB DDR3-1600 ECC memory
    - 240 GB SSD and 2000 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
    - 12000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth
    - nfoserver full dedicated server, top plan, NYC datacenter

"The galaxy is vast and infinite. Pirate armadas encroach on colonized space. The trade federation transports goods throughout the universe. Factions struggle against one another for the conquest of territory and control of valuable resources. This is the universe of StarJita."

PhaelonMax's Starjita Exploration Album - http://imgur.com/a/TRsFE#0

Starjita is a server built for longevity, and will constantly grow along with the game. It is run by a professional network technician (ingame: Raistlin) and someone who has experience in creating dynamic, balanced, fun, and effective communities in Minecraft, as well as the dynamics of space as a past CEO in EVE Online (ingame: PhaelonMax). We are running a dedicated host with amazing specs, the same of which is being used to run multiple Minecraft servers that we manage. The goal with Starjita is to build the ultimate Starmade server that everyone can enjoy and no one will ever leave. While Starmade's server client still is host to it's share of bugs and inadequacies, we can promise that our server will always be superior to the rest in terms of handling these issues and coming up with solutions. Join Starjita, and never look for another starmade server again!

Server Details:

- (new) Instant Automatic Updates!
    - Protected Spawn Area (and surrounding sectors)
    - Random secret safe areas throughout the galaxy.
    - Modified loot drops.
    - No imported ships. This server will showcase YOUR creativity.

* - Spawn safe area now extends +1 sectors around 2, 2, 2.

Server Rules:
    - No trolling in chat.
    - No build block mining.
    - No camping spawn.
    - No griefing. (if you're going to attack or salvage something, clean up your mess!)

Please join us to help build a diverse and stable community of players to experience all facets of possible gameplay. All play styles are welcome and encouraged.

Above info copied from http://starmade-servers.com/server/333/. Please visit the link to vote for our server! Also please check out our links on www.reddit.com/r/starmade !

Reaction score
    Great influx of new players tonight :) Welcome aboard! Started work on the spawn area trade hub. It\'s gonna be epic! Pics to follow!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a good server. Not TONS of people yet, which is cool, but there\'s still enough for it to be fun.

(Also, you can join Galaxis if you want to be the bad guy for a change.)

Reaction score
    We\'re currently running a little friendly competition to come up with new pirate ship designs for our server. Full details and guidelines, and how to submit your entries can be found a the link below. Contest is ongoing, new submissions always accepted!

http://www.reddit.com/r/StarJita/comments/1jzbsm/contest_pirate_ship_designs/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cant wait to blow up your ships and steal yer loot! Yarr!!

Or maybe I\'ll die a lot.. Either way, it will be lag free!

Reaction score
    Today I\'m gonna dig in to the block config and make some tweaks, do some balancing and try not to make people hate me. :P

Reaction score
    Next week we\'ll be doing a livestream of something super secret and awesome related to the new pulse weapon. I\'d love to give more details, but it\'s just too great to divulge. More details to come.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lots of guys been trying to join the server tonight but can\'t because it\'s a patch behind;

You can download the same version the server is running here

http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20130809_195544.zip

until the server gets updated to current release.

Reaction score
    We\'ve just recently added a nice script to our server that will automatically search for and install the latest update every time the server is reset. A few key members of our community have direct contact with me, and will notify me as soon as an update comes out so we don\'t miss a beat in the future :)

Reaction score
    Still only a few weeks old, had to work out some kinks in ram allocation and java type stuff. gtg

Reaction score
    It seems to be working great now! To be honest this server runs for longer and more efficiently than any other server i\'ve played on so far.

This server definitly needs a larger player base.

Reaction score
    We ran into an error where (get this) we gave it TOO MUCH RAM. lol ... so we fixed that, and it\'s been running smooth as a space-baby\'s bottom ever since! Oh, and thanks for the bump :P

Reaction score
    Never heard of a problem like that before o_O. Actually now that I think about it, I should go work on those pirate ship designs! lol