Java Problem when attempting to uplink

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This error message occurs when I try to uplink, using the beta launcher from SM site. Using Mac OS X.
    However when I run the normal launcher from steam the there's no problem.

So, I try to uplink. But after logging in and pressing "Ok", it gave me an error about java which I put in the attached file.

I can still play on servers that don't require an uplink..... but I'm blocked off from playing my favourite server right now because of the java error message.

Also, sometimes the "error=2" is an "error=0" ..... If i remember correctly.

EDIT: Problem fixed

Attachments

Last edited:

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Have you made sure that Java is completely updated to the latest version? *Also, if you would like, I can just have Andy sort out the bug with you if you would wish instead of just having me ask a bunch of questions that might end up being a annoyance XD*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    He's sent it to launcher development. Not sure what the problem is yet.

I doubt the problem is coming from java since it works fine throuh steam.

Thanks for the input though :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does mac os not allow folders to start with a "." ? I'm wondering if it thinks the folder ".StarMade" is a file with blank name and a ".StarMade" file extension.

But why would this only affect the beta launcher?

Does the old launcher still work for you ?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    If you have a working Java installation (i guess you do have ;) ) and happen to know its Path, you could set it to be used instead of the one distributed with the new Launcher. If it then works, that would be helpful to Launcher development i think.
    Screenshot_4.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you have a working Java installation (i guess you do have ;) ) and happen to know its Path, you could set it to be used instead of the one distributed with the new Launcher. If it then works, that would be helpful to Launcher development i think.
    View attachment 25385
    Yeah, this is what Andy said:

we tested our launcher on two OSX machines we have in our team available, and it worked on both.
    Initially one had to install the "Java Development Kit" (JDK) from here Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads
    as the OSX refused to use any java and stated you need to install the "Java Runtime Environment".
    So seems like OSX and Java are not the best friends.
    It works usually better out of steam, as the steam overlay causes issues with some drivers and heavily impacts performance or does not launch at all.
    I am not familiar with the details and locations of programs in OSX myself, so in general you need to find the java installation directory, and point the launcher to it. (On all systems the java installation directory stores all its executables in the /bin subdirectory, so only need to append it, or browse into the /bin directory with the path selector.

Thanks for the extra intructions demon :).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    View attachment 25385
    It worked :). Just for further reference, you can find your java installation by using the java control center on mac. Or use /usr/libexec/java_home -v [version here or whatever, mine was 1.8] in terminal.