Java, man.

Reaction score
    Running Windows 7 64-bit

So, I got this game to work on a 32-bit Java(64-bit OS, we'll get to that in a sec) for a little while although the FPS was shite going to planets and single player was so CPU intensive that I could warm my house with the heat coming off it.

Here recently hitting the start button on the launcher crashes, telling me that Java had "stopped working" It had worked for a month or so before (I didn't play it much because of the crap fps from running 32-bit)
    I tried reinstalling on steam, reinstalling from the website itself, Choosing different folder paths for the install, different builds, reinstalling java(32-bit) itself. Basically anything this thing needed to work, I reinstalled it multiple times.

*The reason I had to use 32-bit Java was because 64-bit java would not install under any circumstance, any method, no matter how hard I shouted at it. Some kind of error:1603 thing at the end with Java's only explanation being nothing short of UHH IUNO. And nothing worked on that. I'm absolutely stumped.

(I'm not sure if this is a Java problem or an application problem. Minecraft runs fine, accessing java from the control panel comes up an error, 'configure java' from the start menu works until you hit the ok button.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Uninstall all traces of Java, then try re-installing the 64 bit version.

If that doesn't work, back up all yo' data and re-install windows. That'll solve your problems lol.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    there is no reason why the Java 32bit and 64bit versions shouldnt run on win7.
    this maybe a problem with a antivirus/firewall software protecting your system from the evil java ? ;)
    otherwise uninstall java completly and get the standalone java installer for 32bit and 64bit, install 32bit first.

java -> https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have 64 bit java on win7 and it runs just fine.

Reaction score
    Any attempt I have at getting the 64-bit version leaves me in the 1603 error and 32 bit seems corrupted, any amount of removal+reinstall does nothing.

Reaction score
    Welp, after a boring and complicated process (Silly command prompt stuff) I finally got 64-bit to Install.
    Starmade, though, is telling me that I need a Java runtime environment 1.6? and that the registry refers to a nonexistent installation. I'll keep looking