Issues with new moderation

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Okay so first off the mods themselves seem to have been targeting a few members of the community by going through their posts and private messages and reporting anything they didn't like.

Second, they've basically made moderator bias law, in spite of their own community (aside from perhaps three people)

Third, they've written their rules in such a way as to give them an excuse to remove pretty much every post that disagrees with them. (This is one of them)

And the kicker- If you got a warning from posts that broke the new rules that you made however long ago, you're on a moderator watchlist where regular members can't see any of your posts until the moderators review it.

So, it seems that Schine at large cannot handle criticism and the moderators have, instead of trying to fix issues brought up by their community, begun attempts to remove anyone who complains.

This is how you kill your community. Everything Schine has done lately has been in spite of their playerbase, and the game will suffer greatly for it.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Not to mention that there are clearly not enough moderators to regularly review all posts by watched members.
    It is NOT alright that it can take up to a week to get a single post approved because you made a small mistake that was alright before the rule change.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Not to mention that there are clearly not enough moderators to regularly review all posts by watched members.
    It is NOT alright that it can take up to a week to get a single post approved because you made a small mistake that was alright before the rule change.
    That could be one of two things, understaffing or overworking (the mods have lives, too). I do, however, agree that SMD could use a few more mods.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That could be one of two things, understaffing or overworking (the mods have lives, too). I do, however, agree that SMD could use a few more mods.
    SMD had more mods, most stepped down cause they got worn out (overworked), or left due to disagreements with management (aka Duke). There are few people who want to deal with managing the community, and those that would be able to can't handle Schine.

"Mods have lives" isnt an argument, as the mods themselves decided on this system.

Reaction score
    I haven't been on the Starmade reddit becaue I don't really use reddit anymore and haven't for a while - what's the atmosphere there like, if any of you participate?

My own personal feeling is that we'd be better served by a wakaba forum with very minimal moderation, possibly even with forced-anonymous posting at least in some sections. Let people say what they wanna say, and disagree with what they wanna disagree with. And besides, it's not like Schine pays any attention to us here anyway, so we wouldn't be losing anything by going somewhere unofficial anyhow.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I haven't been on the Starmade reddit becaue I don't really use reddit anymore and haven't for a while - what's the atmosphere there like, if any of you participate?
    It's dead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Forced anonymous posting would be very interesting to see.