Issue Getting Game Running

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello there, Starmade community.

I'm new to this program, thought that I would check it out after a friend gave me a quick demo of it, but I am having trouble booting it up on my PC.

Whenever I start the game (no the launcher), the loading screen starts up and gets to 100% but then it crashes and gives the following message:

ErrorDIalogException: ERROR-DIALOG-EXCEPTION:

data//shader/atmosphere/SkyFromSpace.vert,

data//shader/atmosphere/SkyFromSpace.frag

Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) failed to link.

Link Status: 0

My initial thought was that my drivers weren't updated for some reason, but turns out that they are updated to the max. I also tried dumping my starmade folder and reinstalling, thinking it was a bad install, but turns out that didn't fix it either. So, do you guys have any ideas on how I can get this thing working?

I can grab the crash report if you would like to take a look at that, per request.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This does indeed look like a driver issue. What kind of card do you have?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Radeon X800. Yeah, it\'s a bit outdated for sure and my rig is in dire need of an upgrade.

I figured since I can run minecraft on pretty decent settings that Starmade wouldn\'t be too big of an issue. If it is however, I can just add this to the long list of things I want to play when I get around to upgrading my toaster.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Unfortunately this error is not about performance. The card refuses to use a shader (minecraft doesnt use shaders).

You can try switching \"Atmosphere shader\" in the advanced options on startup to \"off\", since that is the one that is causing the error.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well that cleared up that particular message, but now I\'m getting error messages for fragment shaders. I think I\'m just going to settle for my \"computer is too outdated\" theory and just hope to revisit Starmade once I\'ve made some adjustments to my gear. Thank you for the support!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the same problem, but I can run shaders proven by the fact that Portal 2 runs fine. Updated drivers and reinstalled multiple times. Shaders off.