Island in the Sky - City Project! *NEW video series added! EP 2 up*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    groan if only using the catalog wasn't such a pain in the ass i would have definitely used this multiple times. looks amazing but since i'm not very good with admin commands i cant spawn it in on single player and will take quite a while to collect all the blocks on ElwynEternity

Reactions: OdraNoel
    Reaction score
    groan if only using the catalog wasn't such a pain in the ass i would have definitely used this multiple times. looks amazing but since i'm not very good with admin commands i cant spawn it in on single player and will take quite a while to collect all the blocks on ElwynEternity

i believe the command for spawning a station BP is "/load_*station name* *station name*"

least thats how i understood it and has worked for me. so in this case the command should be "/load_IslandintheSkyV1 IslandintheSkyV1" you might need an underscore between the names. if not you can get better instructions on the game support sub-thread, there is a sticky with all the admin commands and examples. good luck! and im glad you liked the city! :)

Edit: ok just looked it up to be sure. heres a copy paste of the commands sticky

load
    DESCRIPTION: Loads the object and puts it in the nearest available spot
    PARAMETERS: CatalogName(String), ShipName(String)
    EXAMPLE: /load mySavedShip myShipInGame

so if i understood correct, the first time you put the name is for it to select what you want to spawn from the cataloge, and the second name determins what the spawned entity gets named as. so i guess the second name can be what ever you want :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    so its been a month now and i thought i would give a progress report. i took a couple or three weeks off from starmade due to the holidays and all, but now im back! and iv made some new additions to the city i thought some of you would enjoy. iv mainly been working on expanding the next sector besides the carved stone sector. this one is made from mostly metal rather then stone, altho stone is still used for flooring, mixed with some hull as well for where smoother looks are necessary. iv also started the interiors of some of the buildings as well!.

so here is the new imgur album, and of course, spoilered pics for the lazy :D

Album - http://imgur.com/a/lWbdy

Reaction score
    hurray! the first episode of my new cities based series is up! this will all revolve around cities and their construction. first episode is more of a video tour of the city, but later episodes will go over various city based things, how to plan for them and go about doing certain things. construction techniques/ aesthetic techniques and other issues one may encounter when constructing a large city!

this is also meant to be more of an open dialog, so let me know what you guys think. things you liked, and things you didn't like. and your own city based techniques and general info. found a nice little trick that helps you make your cities? share it with the rest of us!

i hope you guys enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    so its been a month now and i thought i would give a progress report. i took a couple or three weeks off from starmade due to the holidays and all, but now im back! and iv made some new additions to the city i thought some of you would enjoy. iv mainly been working on expanding the next sector besides the carved stone sector. this one is made from mostly metal rather then stone, altho stone is still used for flooring, mixed with some hull as well for where smoother looks are necessary. iv also started the interiors of some of the buildings as well!.

so here is the new imgur album, and of course, spoilered pics for the lazy :D

Album - http://imgur.com/a/lWbdy

1.can you please update the download page for your base http://starmadedock.net/content/island-in-the-sky.1788/
    2. how long do you think until you fill up all the area on your city floor? (would really love to download it as a whole)
    3. (if you haven't yet finished) keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: OdraNoel
    Reaction score
    1.can you please update the download page for your base
    i will soon (like a couple of days), i just wanna finish off a couple of roof parks still. i dont wanna do a bunch of small updates all the time and would prefer to update it periodically when theres lots of stuff to add.

as for when i might finish it, i honestly have no idea. but its probably going to take a while because i dont play everyday and i tend to really take my time. it takes me one or two days to make each empty building. just because i tend to plan and think it over alot and trying to keep everything varied and different. so it can take me longer then it would seem. then same thing with interiors. it took me like 3 or 4 days to fully furnish to my satisfaction that second restaurant i showed. i tried a lot of different things before settling on something i liked.

that being said tho i really really want to finish it. so im definitely going to keep at it until its complete, and ill give updates along the way. im glad you guys are enjoying it :)

Starmade vegas!
    hahaha ya true. i actually didn't really think about that when i started so it just kinda happened :p

P.S. episode 2 of the building cities series coming in a few hours :D

Edit: and heres episode 2 :)

Last edited: