Isanth Pirates Always Attacking Me

Reaction score
    Ye old chest loot setting on some servers is left at default, making this awfully slow a lot of the time (this setting isn't related to pirate loot despite what people seem to think, it doesn't seem to have ANY effect on pirate inventories whether on ships or stations, it's just a "treasure chest" setting for those rare planet features like cities & pyramids)
    First, Az14el : What line is this in server settings? I know how to increase the likelihood of said "special" planet plate occurring, but I've never really noticed one for increasing the amount of loot in the resulting Storage box.
    (and the one in city plates is somehow allways empty for me, but pyramids are basically overflowing with stuff, to the point where my system re-filled the Gui for it 6 times. That pyramid was basically holding a city in it.)

Second, Sethroph : Should you happen to luck into a city or pyramid on your first planet, be aware that the majority of the city is Standard Armor. The Pyramid itself is exclusively Yellow Standard Armor.
    Both of these are large boosts to your early ship-building efforts, as Standard armor is, naturally enough ARMOR. (not as good as advanced, but far and away better than "hull")

Of the two, the City tends to have more blocks, and more colors (Grey, Black, and Yellow, in decreasing order of quantity) than the Pyramid. (and that's even with the magical triple pyramid I found once)
    it allso has a fair bit of Glass, and about the same amount of a variety of colored Light blocks.
    If I recall correctly, the lights in a city come in White, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green.

The City is allso kinda~to~very ugly. Most of the buildings are spawned wrong, with the walls of them being upside down, and criss-crossing the internals willy-nilly.

Don't worry too much about identifying them, if one of them has spawned on a planet you're looking at (city on the "green, minecraft-like" world, pyramid on the Yellow, Tatooine look-alike) you'll know it. They both take up a very large portion of whatever plate they spawned on.

And yeah, that'll probably be enough turrets.

Reaction score
    First, Az14el : What line is this in server settings? I know how to increase the likelihood of said "special" planet plate occurring, but I've never really noticed one for increasing the amount of loot in the resulting Storage box.
    (and the one in city plates is somehow allways empty for me, but pyramids are basically overflowing with stuff, to the point where my system re-filled the Gui for it 6 times. That pyramid was basically holding a city in it.)

Second, Sethroph : Should you happen to luck into a city or pyramid on your first planet, be aware that the majority of the city is Standard Armor. The Pyramid itself is exclusively Yellow Standard Armor.
    Both of these are large boosts to your early ship-building efforts, as Standard armor is, naturally enough ARMOR. (not as good as advanced, but far and away better than "hull")

Of the two, the City tends to have more blocks, and more colors (Grey, Black, and Yellow, in decreasing order of quantity) than the Pyramid. (and that's even with the magical triple pyramid I found once)
    it allso has a fair bit of Glass, and about the same amount of a variety of colored Light blocks.
    If I recall correctly, the lights in a city come in White, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green.

The City is allso kinda~to~very ugly. Most of the buildings are spawned wrong, with the walls of them being upside down, and criss-crossing the internals willy-nilly.

Don't worry too much about identifying them, if one of them has spawned on a planet you're looking at (city on the "green, minecraft-like" world, pyramid on the Yellow, Tatooine look-alike) you'll know it. They both take up a very large portion of whatever plate they spawned on.

And yeah, that'll probably be enough turrets.
    Thanks. Not come across a city yet, looking forward to it!

Reaction score
    And any half-competent build with a smidgen if piloting prowess can mass for mass easily thrash anything else found as vanilla in-game currently.
    Not to mention that half of them literally cannot fire their weapons due to not having enough energy storage

Reaction score
    Not to mention that half of them literally cannot fire their weapons due to not having enough energy storage
    Aye, it's quite sad that the many updates to Weapons and Power have nerfed the Mighty Isanth-Zero to hell and back.
    Lesse, first it was the slight nerf to power generation, then a nerf to all weapons (making multiple "groupings/emitters" use more power than a single solid block), then a massive nerf to missile weapons (un-godly amounts of power were suddenly needed to fire off even the weakest of missiles), then Pulse and Beam slave-weapons drew more power, . etc. etc.

It started out fairly deadly, with only the shotgunner types being totally useless, now only the Cannoneer (cannon+cannon) is even combat viable.

(allthough, this does tend to give many new-ish players a starting point for learning how systems work, as individually all the "systems" are in good working order, they just don't have enough power)

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Well to be fair its to be expected that any ship made between now and Beta, player or Dev origin, will require at least one complete refit due to game changes and tweaks. Beta hopefully won't be as bad since that should be mostly balance changes and bug hunting.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Should be right next to the pirate loot setting in server config ini
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER

Chests in stations used to be good loot but now I believe just spawn fluff log-books or, most of the time, nothing. This setting should only modify the planet loot, and if you're getting tons of it then I'm betting it's set a bit higher than the default 0.9 :p

But I think with planet features set to a reasonable rarity, a heavily buffed chest loot for them can be a pretty nice RP feature.

Reaction score
    Ah! Thank you. Somehow I'd allways overlooked those.

(and it is possible the values were modified, at the time I found that pyramid, I'd been using settings arranged by another. I've never found one that good since then.)