Isanth Pirates Always Attacking Me

Reaction score
    I'm surprised no one mentioned one of the simplest hints. Proximity. The materials they give you at the beginning are enough to make a perma-cloaking scout ship. (Get one from the Dock or learn to design one) Don't faction a base that is near pirate stations. Find a nice juicy asteroid field that has an abandoned station and a couple trade stations in quiet corner of a system. The pirates wont hassle you as much.

(Oh and...Welcome to the Dock Sethroph)
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    When i first played starmade, i just got the time to read the old tutorial then get spawnkilled by pirates. :pNow i got a little list of things to buy :
    - faction module to create a faction and get an invulnerable base.
    - build block to build it.
    - Undeathinator to respawn at my base in case i do stupid things while i shouldn't.
    To that you can add a radar jammer and a cloaker to be safe. Be careful as it use a lot of energy to be maintained.

Reaction score
    When i first played starmade, i just got the time to read the old tutorial then get spawnkilled by pirates. :pNow i got a little list of things to buy :
    - faction module to create a faction and get an invulnerable base.
    - build block to build it.
    - Undeathinator to respawn at my base in case i do stupid things while i shouldn't.
    To that you can add a radar jammer and a cloaker to be safe. Be careful as it use a lot of energy to be maintained.
    Thanks!

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Another good early-game tactic is to go tomb-raiding on green & Yellow planets. Look for loot in storage blocks in the city & pyramid ruins.
    Ye old chest loot setting on some servers is left at default, making this awfully slow a lot of the time (this setting isn't related to pirate loot despite what people seem to think, it doesn't seem to have ANY effect on pirate inventories whether on ships or stations, it's just a "treasure chest" setting for those rare planet features like cities & pyramids)

Reaction score
    ARGHGH. So annoyed! Was just about to set up my first turret on my planet and the isanths come and destroy me again. This is getting really frustrating, it's just so slow. The long process of your first mining trip and all that.

EDIT: I'm gonna disable AI simulation, build my turrets, then restart the server with AI simulation turned on.

Also, how do i protect my turrets? It just feels like they might get destroyed before they have a chance to destroy the ships?

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ARGHGH. So annoyed! Was just about to set up my first turret on my planet and the isanths come and destroy me again. This is getting really frustrating, it's just so slow. The long process of your first mining trip and all that.

EDIT: I'm gonna disable AI simulation, build my turrets, then restart the server with AI simulation turned on.

Also, how do i protect my turrets? It just feels like they might get destroyed before they have a chance to destroy the ships?
    You have to set up a faction and make you facility your home base. Stop whatever your doing now and do this immediately. When you do all will become gravy.

Reaction score
    You have to set up a faction and make you facility your home base. Stop whatever your doing now and do this immediately. When you do all will become gravy.
    I did! I did the faction thing. The planet was my home base, i owned the sector and everything! They still came!

EDIT: They might have followed me there, now that I think about it...

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I did! I did the faction thing. The planet was my home base, i owned the sector and everything! They still came!
    Hmm. Assuming you're on a planet and you made the plate you are on your HB and the turret was docked to it; it should have been invulnerable. Best disable simulation like you intended.

Reaction score
    Hmm. Assuming you're on a planet and you made the plate you are on your HB and the turret was docked to it; it should have been invulnerable. Best disable simulation like you intended.
    Yeah, I had only just started making the turret. Didn't really have anything.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You have to be fast. You need to build your industry, mine and collect parts quickly. For defense, it's best to build your turret in single player creative mode and save a blueprint of it then just buy the parts rather than design/build it from scratch. That saves you valuable time that you can't afford to waste.

You should be focusing on making fast cash by selling carved stones and factory components to the shops and using that money to buy the parts for your turret blueprint. When you have one filled, spawn it and dock it to your home base. It will gain the base's invincibility, while firing back at the pirates. Then it becomes a game of patience as you watch the turret tear the Isanths to pieces.
    Repeat the process until you have several turrets firing at once.

Reaction score
    You have to be fast. You need to build your industry, mine and collect parts quickly. For defense, it's best to build your turret in single player creative mode and save a blueprint of it then just buy the parts rather than design/build it from scratch. That saves you valuable time that you can't afford to waste.

You should be focusing on making fast cash by selling carved stones and factory components to the shops and using that money to buy the parts for your turret blueprint. When you have one filled, spawn it and dock it to your home base. It will gain the base's invincibility, while firing back at the pirates. Then it becomes a game of patience as you watch the turret tear the Isanths to pieces.
    Repeat the process until you have several turrets firing at once.
    Sweet. I'll try that!

Reaction score
    One other thing. Always keep aware of what you got around by pressing the navigation key sometimes. If something is red that mean that pirates are nearby then better pick up everything and run away. If you keep being far enough from them then you won't be attacked, random encounters are pretty rare and if that's it then it's no luck. Use the galaxy map to see where to go and if there is no pirate stations nearby.
    Don't forget to use the build tool menu to build your turrets with rails and create docked entities with it. That way you don't have to spawn a core and dock it manually to the planet plate.
    Also, don't land on the first planet you can find if there is pirates nearby. Take your time to find the safe spot and start peacefully. Don't forget to claim the system to get the mining bonuses. I think that all is in being aware of what is around you and avoid pirates.

Reaction score
    One other thing. Always keep aware of what you got around by pressing the navigation key sometimes. If something is red that mean that pirates are nearby then better pick up everything and run away. If you keep being far enough from them then you won't be attacked. Use the galaxy map to see where to go and if there is no pirate stations nearby.
    Don't forget to use the build tool menu to build your turrets with rails and create docked entities with it. That way you don't have to spawn a core and dock it manually to the planet plate.
    Also, don't land on the first planet you can find if there is pirates nearby. Take your time to find the safe spot and start peacefully. Don't forget to claim the system to get the mining bonuses. I think that all is in being aware of what is around you and avoid pirates.
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    One other thing. Always keep aware of what you got around by pressing the navigation key sometimes. If something is red that mean that pirates are nearby then better pick up everything and run away. If you keep being far enough from them then you won't be attacked, random encounters are pretty rare and if that's it then it's no luck. Use the galaxy map to see where to go and if there is no pirate stations nearby.
    How do I create those planet turrets without the cores? There aren't really any decent videos that show how to make them this way.

I've got this nice flat area (http://i.imgur.com/qaHxkgl.jpg) above my base and factory stuff. I wanna set up the turrets here without using tons of cores, you said there is a way to do that. Could you elaborate? I've pretty much no knowledge on rails and stuff. And then how would I protect it? Without the armour getting in the way and stopping the movement?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sethroph if your in single player mode you could go to the community content section and download some drone or fighter blueprints to spawn in to protect your planet.

Reaction score
    How do I create those planet turrets without the cores? There aren't really any decent videos that show how to make them this way.

I've got this nice flat area (http://i.imgur.com/qaHxkgl.jpg) above my base and factory stuff. I wanna set up the turrets here without using tons of cores, you said there is a way to do that. Could you elaborate? I've pretty much no knowledge on rails and stuff. And then how would I protect it? Without the armour getting in the way and stopping the movement?
    I didn't said that you're not gonna to use ship core. You're just not gonna need to spawn it manually then dock it. For a good and short turret tutorial, there is this. Also don't worry if your turret isn't protected because if she's docked to your homebase, she's gonna be invincible too.
    https://youtu.be/jxFjl2OsudY
    What i was referring about is this.

Then by using this you'll have to place the rail docker and the core of the entity and they're gonna be already docked to your planet.
    It doesn't change anything from spawning your turret then dock it but it's easier to spawn them right this way and avoid being destroyed while building turrets. :p

Reaction score
    I didn't said that you're not gonna to use ship core. You're just not gonna need to spawn it manually then dock it. For a good and short turret tutorial, there is this. Also don't worry if your turret isn't protected because if she's docked to your homebase, she's gonna be invincible too.
    What i was referring about is this.

Then by using this you'll have to place the rail docker and the core of the entity and they're gonna be already docked to your planet.
    It doesn't change anything from spawning your turret then dock it but it's easier to spawn them right this way and avoid being destroyed while building turrets. :p
    Ahh, thanks! Just having a try at using blueprint. If it doesn't work, I'll try this instead!