Is it a bug that salvage lasers last less than the actual minning?

Reaction score
    After the lassers dissapear, the minning continues. Is it a common bug?

Also, why if i have nothing in the hand, minning takes more time but if i have a block I can instamine?

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Calculations still happening, beam length not correct etc.
    Very common, no idea if it's going to be looked at any time soon.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    The Block in hand thing isnt "unbalancing" ... that kind of behaviour is called a bug ;)

and the Beam lasts x amount of time ... the effect that it takes is being calculated server side ... then the effect is verified to the client ... and the blocks are removed client side. in all of that a desync is possible and it should only be a visual thing.
    aside from that ... maybe there are going to be changes with weapons or universe update to the planed changes to salvage mechanic that is resolving this
    (or maybe not .. i have no clue ;) )

Reaction score
    Oh well, I thought i was glitching with the block in the hand thing. Feels unbalanced if you are a pro clicker
    you are, but its not really a big deal, considering how mining scales up with a salvage ship anyway.

The Block in hand thing isnt "unbalancing" ... that kind of behaviour is called a bug ;)
    it still happens and its still unbalanced.

and the Beam lasts x amount of time ... the effect that it takes is being calculated server side ... then the effect is verified to the client ... and the blocks are removed client side. in all of that a desync is possible and it should only be a visual thing.
    is it a common bug?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    What you call unbalanced is a bug ... its simply not intended to happen! .. that has nothing to do with game balance!

And the Salvage thing .. yes that is normal that it happens. i dont know if it is a bug or simply the way it has to happen because of Server - Client interaction and lag prevention.