IOException: server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:https://registry.star-made.org/oauth/to

Reaction score
    Make sure you are putting in your username and password correctly. We are working on making better error messages.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This error means that the server is getting the request, but it is rejecting it. This means either you are putting your details in wrong (caps lock?), or your Starmade files are corrupted.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    well ok guys but i deleted my starmade files a couple times redownloaded the game dozens of times and checked if i have the right account. please help me

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This happened to me too while I was trying to play during a possible site re-vamp. In short, the site might have been "under construction", and I got a similar error...three times. Occurred five or so updates ago while trying to connect to NASS MAIN. Was fixed momentarily after about an hour. My files are fine, but I had thought at the time that someone with that name "oauth/token" tried to hack me or something. Really gave me a scare. I mention this now because this error is the same one.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, the error is related to wrong password/user combination on uplink.

While connecting is another error, this is the server you are connecting to is doing something wrong.
    Or itself has some problems reaching the registry to validate your token.
    Re-Uplink fixes this in most cases.

- Andy