Recognized by Council Invisible, Intangible Rail Dockers

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't consent to getting killed...I risk getting killed. There are many reasons to play on a PVP server. If I am mainly interested in building I will need an environment that lets me field-test designs against human players. I can't do that anywhere else but a PVP friendly sever. Not every one wants to play cut-throat RP style. So lets not entrench into the argument that there is only one proper way to play a game based on building.

SM is first and foremost a creative game. Lots of games lets you play a war of domination with pre-made vehicles but SM needs the mechanic that protects a player's last redoubt. Otherwise you are trashing people's hard work because you want to conquer the universe. What makes one style of play more important than another? There is room for all kinds of players to share in the PVP experience and there is no right way to play.
    There isn't a single thing here you've said that is accurate.

A server exclusively dedicated to PVP's primary goal will be PVP. That's probably why it's called a PVP server. It's not roleplay or building, it's players shooting at other players, because it's a PVP server. By definition, logging in is consent to being killed, because it's a PVP server.

If you want to field test your designs without actually having to put your neck on the line, try joining NFD and asking if other players want to help you test. Testing designs in combat has been a central part of every build server since ever.

Otherwise you are trashing people's hard work because you want to conquer the universe.
    Yes, that's the point of fighting, I'm glad we've all firmly grasped that definition.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol it's also the reason people like me are waiting until some more things are in the game before jumping into PVP like Crew and Passive Resource Generation from planets. Also being able to mine in Unloaded Sectors providing that they have been discovered first would also help. :)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    A server exclusively dedicated to PVP's primary goal will be PVP. That's probably why it's called a PVP server. It's not roleplay or building, it's players shooting at other players, because it's a PVP server. By definition, logging in is consent to being killed, because it's a PVP server.
    I have nothing against cut-throat, competitive or faction-based servers. If I play on those servers I expect to get jumped. The point that I making is there are many kinds of servers that may want to use the tag PvP, but also do RP or share build-knowledge. You don`t own the PvP tag. This game is being developed for your play-style as well as people who choose a different approach.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Schine does not host multiplayer servers. If a server is tagged PVP, the playstyle is PVP because the server owners decided it would be. Therefore, any sort of PVP activity that goes on is fair game regardless of what your personal intentions are. This is the nature of multiplayer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    PVP means what the server admin decides it means.
    If the server admin says you can jump every poor noob you feel like, then go ahead and be a bastard.
    But the PVP tag can also mean PVP in restricted sectors/systems. Or PVP only when all players have agreed before hand.
    Hell, PVP can be defined as Penquins Vs Porcupines, where all ships must be theme designed and approved.

The point here, is the player does not define the term. And you should damn well read the server rules at the earliest possibility.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    PVP means what the server admin decides it means.
    If the server admin says you can jump every poor noob you feel like, then go ahead and be a bastard.
    But the PVP tag can also mean PVP in restricted sectors/systems. Or PVP only when all players have agreed before hand.
    Hell, PVP can be defined as Penquins Vs Porcupines, where all ships must be theme designed and approved.

The point here, is the player does not define the term. And you should damn well read the server rules at the earliest possibility.
    Yep so true right here.

Also when the admins aren't around it is a good idea to have some Anti-Idiot Turrets floating around just to be sure. :P