• Omg to OP nerf it with fire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • It's Okay...

• Weak and useless.

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Has anyone ever made a total stop ship? A ship with only pull, stop, and EMP weapons. With scanners and jump inhibitors. Now that would be a great RP ship. And a great ship against anything weaker than it. Like a very peaceful faction's warship. It'd be cool.

And ya know what? I'll make a contest tag. Make your own medium interdictor frigate and show it off.

Reaction score
    I doubt that anyone was so stupid as to make an interdiction/patrol/customs vessel with no actual weaponry. That's just asking to get murderized. Unless you could somehow throw them into a nearby star or something hilarious and awesome like that.

However, a vessel like this with an interdiction field, stop weapons in turrets, EMP, scanner, and multiple fast jumpdrives/chaindrive, along with some powerful weapons could very easily find itself a job, especially accompanying fleets. Especially if it's got lots of powerful stop turrets capable of holding fighters/corvettes/frigates/titans in place. That'd be useful for holding things in the engagement zone, especially nimbler things like fighters and similar strike vessels.

Reaction score
    especially accompanying fleets.
    Yes, I totally forgot about the need for more ships. Especially as a Gank/Antigank ship. It would need a variety of systems with moderate power to be useful, but could be a great asset for any fleet.
    [doublepost=1473128276,1473128236][/doublepost]The ultimate fleet ship in a hit-and-run universe.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why do you want ship1 with stop and ship2 with actual guns?

The only thing I can imagine is that you want more agility on that stop ship … but then it should also be a shield-tank against the enemy weapons and/or equip EMP / shield-drain.

I would like if you can set a turret to only shoot bigger targets. It could give life to bombers trying to kill the enemy carrier.

That just gave me an interesting idea: If interdiction only works against bigger targets but not many small somehow…
    Two carriers can interdict each other but not stop the bombers.​

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've got a scanner ship and a Jump Jammer ship, they work rather well when behind the main fleet. The idea is to have those ships as part of a fleet and have them hang back behind the main fleet out of normal weapons range with a few AMS boats around them. :)