intel? i don't have....

Reaction score
    alright, I launch the game and i get this error about an old intel graphics card, and i'm like, "WTF? I don't have intel! I have an intel core i7 PROCESSOR, but I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 650M GRAPHICS CARD.
    this computer is brand spankin new and it is fast as hell, and i was sure after 3 other computers that this one would run starmade. and I'm pretty freaking dissapointed, to the point of WAAAAAGGHH! so if i could get some help? thanks...

i have an HP Pavilion dv6-6000 windows 7 home premium(was)
    Professional(upgraded)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The i7 processor has an Intel GPU built-in. You'll want to use the Nvidia control panel to set it to use the Nvidia GPU for javaw.exe.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Geforce GT650M is usually paired with an INTEL video card, called "Optimus" technology.

Are you sure the game is running on the GPU?

Try tell your computer to execute java in GPU only. (In the case of NVidia cards you can do this in the "NVidia Control center")
    Adding "javaw.exe" to program list in control center and setting it to 'GPU only' usually fixes it,

You may also visit the site of the manufacturer of your graphics-card and get the latest beta drivers for your card, as the stock drivers usually update to 'safe' but not to 'optimized' versions for maximum performance and support of functions.

Also please install the 64bit Java Development Kit (JDK)
    some intel drivers seem to link against extended java functions the default Java Runtime Environment (JRE) does not support.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
    Check this page for downloads for your system. (Select 64 bit Offline for windows)

If that all does not seem to help, please post your settings.cfg, and from logs directory the log.txt.0 and graphicsinfo.txt so I can look into the settings you made in more details.

- Andy