Instead of passing through the ship, taking friendly fire from a docked entity stops when it hits

Reaction score
    I know for a fact motherships can shoot through docked stuff which is why you can put hull mounted weapons behind docked hulls. I know that turrets often glitch their barrels into motherships and shoot through them, but i have not recently confirmed if a turret can shot through a mothership w/o glitching into it.

I've also seen a cases where it looks like a weapon is stopped visually, but it still does damage to the target. I saw this on a design I made once that had back to back, rail- mounted beam arrays where beams were going through several entities that were all quite thick, but this was many months ago

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like if bullets hitting a chain-entity sharing the same mother don't drain energy either.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I swear to God, do none of you actually play?

Docked weapons don't phase through anything under them on the docking chain or on other chains. They hit them, the projectile disappears, and zero damage is done. Motherships can shoot through things above them on the docking chain however. It's been like this since before rails were added.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It takes 12 cannon block to 1 shot an astro. If you absolutely MUST mount an internal turret for anti-boarding, a simple 1 axis setup will do just fine in a corridor. You don't generally need to as if you were really determined you could have your core room 100% isolated and could only get to it by hot swapping while the fac module is hidden deep in the ship in a random spot. Pulse or swarmer traps would be a better option that adds no extra entities.

Reaction score
    I swear to God, do none of you actually play?

Docked weapons don't phase through anything under them on the docking chain or on other chains. They hit them, the projectile disappears, and zero damage is done. Motherships can shoot through things above them on the docking chain however. It's been like this since before rails were added.
    This is how the game is designed, yes... but there are no lack of bugs and exploits that make shooting through parent or sibling entities pretty commonplace. The AI (and in turn the projectile) only accounts for front-face collision, and lag does all sorts of havoc as well. If a gun barrel even partially phases into a ship, I've seen entire salvos go right through; so, it is for all intents and proposes an unreliable game mechanic at best. So... you either need to fix the collisions or the AI. My argument is that the issue is better handled at the AI level.